Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Mail

• 09-02-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

having an issue

when i log into my email address on the eircom website i see an email thats apparently there since 01/01/1970

now we all know we hadnt internet in 1990 alone let alone 20 years previously

but it wont delete , and it aint causing any issues

anyway to get rid of this ?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

"Its use for retrieving inter-linked resources, called hypertext documents, led to the establishment of the World Wide Web in 1990 by English physicist Tim Berners-Lee." :p

It is a bug on the Eircom servers. 01/01/1970 is probably the earliest date it supports. You could call Eircom technical support and see if it can be cleared but odds are, they won't know what you're talking about.

EDIT: I knew i recognized that date, it's when UTC started. Effectively it is the earliest date UTC understands. It is some sort of bug, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

paulm17781 wrote: »
    "Its use for retrieving inter-linked resources, called hypertext documents, led to the establishment of the World Wide Web in 1990 by English physicist Tim Berners-Lee." :p

It is a bug on the Eircom servers. 01/01/1970 is probably the earliest date it supports. You could call Eircom technical support and see if it can be cleared but odds are, they won't know what you're talking about.

EDIT: I knew i recognized that date, it's when UTC started. Effectively it is the earliest date UTC understands. It is some sort of bug, I wouldn't worry about it.

Not quite, it's when Unix Time started, so it's a time value of 0 effectively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

Advertisement