Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D80 wedding lens

• 09-02-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im going too one to many weddings this year so I reason the only comfort I will get on the day will be snapping a few pics. I have just the D80 kit lens 18-135m, and a few telephoto lenses but I have nothing for indoor church light/settings shots. Something along the line of 17-55mm f1.5/2 (roughly)

Anyone have any personal recommendations ?
    Im using flickr groups aswell to mine some info but as a lurker here I would see what the boardsie's can recommend.

I would class myself as a good amateur, budget around 500e.

all the best

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Nikon has a 17-55 f2.8 lens. Maybe on Adverts.ie there might be a
    secondhand one for sale. You might consider a 50mm f1.8 cheap and cheerful but great lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭davmigil

would echo pixbyjohn, 17-55 2.8 would be a very versatile wedding lens.

You could consider the 35mm DX 1.8 (52.5mm equivalent), which would be a good low light general purpose lens. The 50mm 1.8 would be great for portrait shots and also enable you to take the photos a bit further back. You could splash out a bit more and get the 50mm 1.4.

I also like the Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 (42mm-112.5mm equivalent). It's a very sharp lens for the price.

Advertisement