Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noisy neighbours

• 09-02-2010 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi
    Has anyone ever had neighbours that play music all night they sleep during the day and party all night we called the garda once but I don’t think they have power to do anything about it so I don’t like ringing them, can anyone help me I don’t know who owns the house so I can’t complain the landlord,
    Any advice would be brilliant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

What part of Westmeath are you in?

Have you contacted the council?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

You need to make contact with the Landlord in the near future now

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

ring the guards, then ring the environmental health about noise polution, and then record it for your own benefit. THEN contact your local councillor. Its not on. Chin up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mervin3001

im in Mullingar I will get in touch with the council thankyou for all your advice.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

did you try and talk to the neighbours themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭veryangryman

athlonelad wrote: »

As somebody who has had such issues in the past, i would instead speak to the cops (preferably during daytime) and through them, try to find out the landlords name/contact details.

The worst thing you can do is let the pricks in the hourse know it is you who are the disgruntled one. If you think they make life difficult for you now, wait till you see what they are like after.

Hope you get sorted - I moved house a few years back for the same reasons and am now in a lovely peaceful area. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

had the same problem about 2 years ago - gardai cant and wont do anything i'm afraid, tried them several times, we gave up then! luckily though, the culprits moved out of the house ( i think they had it rented), we've had no trouble since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

..yea.. leave the radio and tv on full blast when you go to work at 8am.

They'll get the hint soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lonewolf 2

athlonelad wrote: »

my best advice to you would be to leave the garda.. unless theirs a promotion them guys wont scrath your back.and aproaching the neighbours could possibly aggravate the problem. i know of a person that had a simular problem and they dealt with it via a solicitorif and if your a private resident. you will come out on top. go to a solictor with noise pollution. anti socail behaviour. stress nites awake loss of earnings due to the same. if applicable it would be that problem solved in no time and if it were your wish a little thank you parsel from the land lord mite be well earned.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Here's a crazy idea, just go round, knock on the door and tell them you want them to quieten down a small bit? Do you really want to get the guards on them straight away??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 slowpoison

iam living in mullingar as well and we are having the same problem but our neighbours are not the kinda people you would want to report!!.. depending on what your neighbours are like, try finding out who the landlord is and see if you get anwhere that way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭athlone M

Hi mervin 3001,
    we moved from mullingar last year, must be something in the air down there that so many of the houses have party animals. Like you we had inconsiderate neighbours and we had a small baby and another on the way. It used to drive us nuts in particular my husband as I could catch up on my sleep during the day while the baby slept but that was beside the point you shouldn't have to put up with htis kinda environment.
    As someone said to you about ringing the council, I did and was told that although it was irritating that we were being awoken from our sleep, but as it was a private housing estate there wasn't really much they could do and for us to get in touch with their landlord, but again like you we didn't know who their landlord was either so we asked our landlord, but he didn't know either. So one particularly loud night I rang the guards and sure enough they came down and asked them to keep the noise down and fair enough they did for about half an hour but about an hour later the party seemed to dwindle.
    A couple of nights later after we had been in bed for a couple of hours they arrived home from the party all ready for another party and after putting up with about half an hour of it we had enough and went next door and asked them to keep it down which they did but it was only for that night.
    When we moved to our new house yet again we had noisy neighbours but this time they were always fighting with one another and deciding that we weren't going to let another batch of noisy neighbours run us out of our home we went to the residents association who provided us with the landlords name and number. thankfully they no longer live in the house next door. but perhaps this may be an idea for you

Advertisement