Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recurring Download Manager

• 09-02-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a download manager that has support for recurring downloads? What I mean by that is say I wanted to download a particular file every hour, that sort of thing. All I’ve found so far is GetRight Pro which has its Daily Downloads feature but given that it hasn’t been updated in about 2 years I’m a little wary of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

not sure if this is what you're looking for. from download.com. there's others on that site
    http://download.cnet.com/Download-Accelerator-Manager/3000-2071_4-10411129.html?tag=mncol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

whiteman19 wrote: »
    not sure if this is what you're looking for

He wants something at will download a file every hour, read the post ;) :pac:

I don't know of any existing programs that will do that. Where do you want the file to go, and what type of server is it coming from?

You could use the Task Scheduler (assuming you are using windows) to create a job that will run every hour, and get it to execute a batch file like here

Or instead of the batch file use Wget for Windows, which is a command line download manager, and use scheduled task like above.

Or if you have access to a web server you could use a PHP script to download the remote file and save it to your server. Use cron to execute the script every hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

whiteman19 wrote: »
    not sure if this is what you're looking for. from download.com. there's others on that site
    http://download.cnet.com/Download-Accelerator-Manager/3000-2071_4-10411129.html?tag=mncol
    Thanks but no recurring scheduler that I can find in it
    Bob_Harris wrote: »
    He wants something at will download a file every hour, read the post ;) :pac:

I don't know of any existing programs that will do that. Where do you want the file to go, and what type of server is it coming from?

You could use the Task Scheduler (assuming you are using windows) to create a job that will run every hour, and get it to execute a batch file like here

Or instead of the batch file use Wget for Windows, which is a command line download manager, and use scheduled task like above.

Or if you have access to a web server you could use a PHP script to download the remote file and save it to your server. Use cron to execute the script every hour.
    The file will be coming from Server 2008 and while I'm not 100% sure I dont think its final location on the local machine is all that important as long as I know exactly where it is so I can pull it into another app. I might end up using a batch file like you suggest although to be honest I'd prefer to avoid that sort of thing but I may not have a choice.

Also cant put any servers on the receiving machine so it has to be a pull rather than a push job.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Advertisement