Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever had several psychics be wrong?

Options
  • 09-02-2010 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

My ex-boyfriend broke up with me a few months ago. During the relationship I had readings with 2 psychics who said we would get married, never break up, have kids. He featured very strongly in both readings. Both readings were very accurate in other respects.

We were going through a bad patch just before the break up when I went to a psychic for guidance. She said we would break up but would get back together and it would be a "little break" and he would come back and we will end up getting married. 3 months later and I really can't see it happening and I think 3 months is past the "little break" stage.

A lot of other stuff she said has come true so my problem is I'm having huge trouble moving on because what she said is constantly in the back of my mind. I'm finding it so hard to get over him anyway but because 3 psychics said we would end up together it's hard to let go. Has anyone had anything not happen even though more than one psychic said it would? It's a horrible situation because now I feel that we were meant to be together and I somehow messed it up.

Can I just add in case people think I go too often that there were years between all these readings.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

LIsten it doesnt really matter what someone else tells you, get on with living your life. As a matter of interest can you tell us who the 3 psychics were?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ive been told by a psychic Id have three kids. But I made a concious decision to stop at two, I realised that fate didnt decide it, I did.:)

This is going to sound harsh... But its whats in my head based on your short post. Stop handing your future to other people to sort out. Psychics can give you and idea, but they are not infallible. Even if they were, your life is yours to live, and youve got to face into it without knowing absolutely whats going to happen.

The thought of what they said is clearly making it harder for you to let go of your ex, when it would seem that, given the circumstances and what your rational mind is saying, you need to give up on him. Ive seen it often, otherwise decisive and confident people messed up over a single comment from a psychic. Why??

Sometimes, instead of seeing what will happen, psychics see your hearts desire. What you really want to happen. And sometimes they are plainly wrong. In your case I wonder if your desire to be with this guy was so apparrent that all the readers gave you what you wanted to hear, either deliberately or accidentally.

So stop thinking YOU messed up and allow that the psychics may have. And sorry if I come off hard. :) Even though I give readings sometimes, I hate the power that it gives you over people, and the influence it has for a long time afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

This is my big problem with "psychics". I have no problem with people going to them just for a bit of fun. But I really don't think you should ever let what they say influence your life at all. The sad fact is that the majority of psychics are probably conning you.

I have a friend of mine who visits a psychic every month. A while back she was told that the guy she was with was not going to be the one she'd end up with. So the next day she dumped him and started waiting for "the one". He was a lovely guy, did nothing wrong, and she really liked him. Six months on and there's still no sign of "the one" and she's depressed as anything. Ironically the psychic will probably be right as she's asked him to get back with her a couple of times and he told her where to go, I doubt she will end up with him.

So my advice is to live your life how YOU want to live it and forget what psychics have have said about your ex. Forget about him as well and let whatever's meant to be happen. Who knows maybe you will end up together? Or maybe you won't. Either way life goes on and happiness could be just around the corner. You don't need someone to tell you when or how it will happen. Just wait for it to happen and enjoy it when it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I have often been told things that never happen by psychics and was recently told that it is because I am so psychic myself (but havent really "activated" it yet) that I am unconciously blocking them from reading me.

could this be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lilliann888

Witchie wrote: »
    I have often been told things that never happen by psychics and was recently told that it is because I am so psychic myself (but havent really "activated" it yet) that I am unconciously blocking them from reading me.

could this be possible?
    hi , havent heard of that , am a psychic myself. I get connections when i go to good psychic , actully , person like you would be more open to strong psychic connection .
    I liked the ( unactivated) ,:) . hope thats help
    lilly

• Advertisement

hi , havent heard of that , am a psychic myself. I get connections when i go to good psychic , actully , person like you would be more open to strong psychic connection .
    I liked the ( unactivated) ,:) . hope thats help
    lilly

Thanks Lilly.

I just dont know what is happening as have had 3 readings in the past year and all have pretty much said the same things like that I would be in a totally different career and their timescales have been the same which would mean the change in career would have happened in March. Its nearly the end of March and I am still stuck in this job and getting more and more disillusioned by it everyday.

Am at a total cross roads and could do with some guidance but dont seem to be getting anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

Thanks Lilly.

I just dont know what is happening as have had 3 readings in the past year and all have pretty much said the same things like that I would be in a totally different career and their timescales have been the same which would mean the change in career would have happened in March. Its nearly the end of March and I am still stuck in this job and getting more and more disillusioned by it everyday.

Am at a total cross roads and could do with some guidance but dont seem to be getting anywhere.

have you looked for a new job or are you waiting for one to be offered?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thanks Lilly.

They are only showing you one possible road, but you still have to take the steps to make it happen yourself.

Oryx wrote: »
    They are only showing you one possible road, but you still have to take the steps to make it happen yourself.
    hi Witchi
    I agree . another thing about readings , especially if they are consistant as yours is telling you whats there for you , how to achive that is up to you . And other important thing as a fact , nothing is set in stone , future is changeable , with prayers , faith , ask and believe and you shall recieve . Reflect on those readings ,what do you actully want , have faith and go achiev it . There are no mistakes , they are learning experiences .
    give yourself time .
    lilly

stepdoyle wrote: »
    have you looked for a new job or are you waiting for one to be offered?
    Oryx wrote: »
    hi Witchi
    I agree . another thing about readings , especially if they are consistant as yours is telling you whats there for you , how to achive that is up to you . And other important thing as a fact , nothing is set in stone , future is changeable , with prayers , faith , ask and believe and you shall recieve . Reflect on those readings ,what do you actully want , have faith and go achiev it . There are no mistakes , they are learning experiences .
    give yourself time .
    lilly

I am not silly enough to just wait for a job to be offered to me, but the biggest problem I face at the moment is am not sure what kind of work I should be doing! I want to write or work in radio but there are such limited opportunities but I am trying to source some work there. I am just feeling so bullied and miserable in my job at present that I feel like I will never be happy at any job so its hard to think what, outside of media, would make me happy.

I wouldnt mind but this was my dream job and has just become a nightmare due to the attitudes of some of the people I work with and the lack of support my role gets within my employment. I am becoming less and less motivated and feel like nothing is worth the hassle anymore.

I have a mortgage and 2 kids so have to get an income, otherwise I would just stay home and write the 3 books I have planned.

Lack of money, motivation, family worries, someone to share my life with and frustration are just bringing me down so much and the guidance I was given had said that these issues would be resolved by now but I am still stuck in this depressing spiral.

• Advertisement

sorry to hear that . Its the world out there , every bit you said is true . give me your date of birth , i ll do a short reading for you if you want , hope thats help .
    bless
    lilly

Thank you Lilly. Its 17/09/1973

Thanks again. Just got another kick in the teeth there that I wasnt expecting which sets back some plans.

ok , i ll do that and pm it to you asap. keep the heart up.
    lilly

ok , i ll do that and pm it to you asap. keep the heart up.
    lilly

Thank you, am just so lost I feel powerless!

Advertisement