Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRACEDIEU develepmont....

• 09-02-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

IV lived up on carrickphierish rd for over 2 years now and all i have seen open up in that time is dixies chip shop just on corner which is welcome (and nice) , further up the road where i live their is houses bein built across well before i moved in ,

Yes i know the current climate and no building work or new investments are happening ,but does anyone have info on plans for the whole area , when we moved in here we were told of big park area and centre with shops , restaurant and cinema , i understand that may be dead in water now , but after 2 years we do not even have a local shop ,

So without car you either got to walk or get bus to super valu or garage i have a car so its not to bad but still i wonder about situation on the area here ,a primetime program a few months ago done a report from one of fields down the road and stated its one n.a.m.a will be dealing with so i take it most BIG development is dead but a centra or spar would clean up around here imo . i read before that lots were planned by council , then we hit recession so maybe we are all doomed in areas like this for another few years :) . :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yeah there was big plans for the place alright. I heard Dixies is good off some and bad off others. Ya cant bait the Cleaboy though. I think they should put the place back to the way it used to be before all ye feckers came along. I miss the nettle camp and bollockys, the corn field and everything else ye moved in on top of :(

nah em I dont have a clue whats happening to be honest. They would wanna pull the finger out though,
    ya could tell people to hop the wall into hillview and walk upto the shop that way, I scaled that wall when I was pissered. I also couldnt get over it one night so ran through dlofneps side door and woke his mother up at 4:30 in the morning. If your quiet you be grand thouigh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

It's a bit unfinished up there alright. I doubt much will go in there for the moment anyway. In a way though, it's still a bit countryside-ish. Maybe it's better that way than load of shops etc cluttering up the area?

I ride out that road and out the old Kilmeaden road during the better weather and it's quite nice. A lot of folk walk their dogs out that way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

seanybiker wrote: »
    ya could tell people to hop the wall into hillview and walk upto the shop that way, :)
    ye my sister lives over their i do be driving in hillview looking at back of my house , maybe a drive threw in years to come be good idea ,
    It's a bit unfinished up there alright. I doubt much will go in there for the moment anyway. In a way though, it's still a bit countryside-ish. Maybe it's better that way than load of shops etc cluttering up the area?

I ride out that road and out the old Kilmeaden road during the better weather and it's quite nice. A lot of folk walk their dogs out that way too.

ye lots of walking on the road which is nice but id like even a spar or something to fit in beside the chip shop :D surely if chipper can open a shop could do just as good .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

mmmm dIXIES IS GOOD.... better than clayboy!!!
    and the staff are friendly as hell!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Yeah the staff are great in dixes, a million times better then that sh1t hole super value at the hyper. A shop would be great in the area. The rent must be very high in the units for their to be no tennents yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yeah the staff are great in dixes, a million times better then that sh1t hole super value at the hyper. A shop would be great in the area. The rent must be very high in the units for their to be no tennents yet.

i met one of the young ones form dixies at a party in the ronemore a few months back. she a, how do i say it without being horrbile, she's no slim jim????? anyways yeah she was sound out. Some laugh aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Theres a woman working in Dixies who says "sound no hassle" about 10 times when you go in haha

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    Theres a woman working in Dixies who says "sound no hassle" about 10 times when you go in haha

ye she does all right :D the owners of that block should get their act together and lower the rent , some rent is better than no rent .....

Anyone have an idea of what david flynn and gang are starting up on carrickphierish rd seems to be two seperate plots , is it the school building starting :confused: if so i hope a shop is in the plans im still going on about a shop in this area and still we dont have one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

A centra or spar would be very nice.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

dazftw wrote: »
    A centra or spar would be very nice.

I know , its crazy all these houses in the area and only a chip shop up here .:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

jo06555 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of what david flynn and gang are starting up on carrickphierish rd seems to be two seperate plots , is it the school building starting :confused: if so i hope a shop is in the plans im still going on about a shop in this area and still we dont have one :(

It's the new Waterford Educate Together School and The Gael Scoil that is being built there.

It's the new Waterford Educate Together School and The Gael Scoil that is being built there.

I wish i had the money to invest in a shop up here , it would do some bussiness especially when the schools are built , knowing my luck a tesco would open up next door if i did though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pac413

I heard Dixie's isn't doing so well and is closing down soon, is that right?

Pac413 wrote: »
    I heard Dixie's isn't doing so well and is closing down soon, is that right?

I wouldnt be surprised if it was to close tbh as most fast food places deliver now so its not as if a chip shop is the main thing needed or handy up here a spar or a centra on the other hand and im sure things would be different .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

jo06555 wrote: »
    IV lived up on carrickphierish rd for over 2 years now and all i have seen open up in that time is dixies chip shop just on corner which is welcome (and nice) , further up the road where i live their is houses bein built across well before i moved in ,

Yes i know the current climate and no building work or new investments are happening ,but does anyone have info on plans for the whole area , when we moved in here we were told of big park area and centre with shops , restaurant and cinema , i understand that may be dead in water now , but after 2 years we do not even have a local shop ,

So without car you either got to walk or get bus to super valu or garage i have a car so its not to bad but still i wonder about situation on the area here ,a primetime program a few months ago done a report from one of fields down the road and stated its one n.a.m.a will be dealing with so i take it most BIG development is dead but a centra or spar would clean up around here imo . i read before that lots were planned by council , then we hit recession so maybe we are all doomed in areas like this for another few years :) . :confused:

who told you about these wonderful plans for parks, shops etc??? was it the auctioneer??? some people would believe anything!!!

who told you about these wonderful plans for parks, shops etc??? was it the auctioneer??? some people would believe anything!!!

I think obviously the big plans for the area are on hold due to current climate , im talking about a local shop in likes of centra or spar hardly big plans anymore :rolleyes:. Would do great bussiness imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I'm afraid Gracedieu is a victim of the cargo cult mentality that was at the centre of our economic bubble.

Advertisement