Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OLD TYPE IMMERSION

• 09-02-2010 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Having a problem with my immersion.when i switch the immersion switch for hot water the circuit breaker trips out.not sure where the thermostat is on these old type immersions?Any one any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

rockblu wrote: »
    Having a problem with my immersion.when i switch the immersion switch for hot water the circuit breaker trips out.not sure where the thermostat is on these old type immersions?Any one any ideas.

I would say corrosion has allowed water to enter into the element - a pretty unsafe situation - and you will likely need a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

dont think it would be a fault with the thermostat as if it was a faulty thermostat the water would just boil not usualy trip the breaker .
    as other post said just chang the whole immersion , also when your doing this you should fit a new switch and an immersion timer .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rockblu

cheers for that lads,sound.

Advertisement