Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawing Paper in Galway

Options
  • 09-02-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hope this is in the right section..

I am in need of A1, A2 and A3 drawing paper for tech drawing in NUIG. Anyone know of any shops (preferably with convenient parking) to purchase some? I figured Eason's have it but wondering if there are more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

You could try Kelly Office Supplies in Lower Salthill (at least they have parking..). Ring ahead though - not sure if they do exactly what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Possibly upstairs in The Four Corners (powels) on shop street. There's also everyones favourite art supply shop Cregal Art on the Monivea Road.They have a site here : www.cregalart.ie .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I think there is an art supplies/framing shop on the Monivea Road, towards the Ballybane end, don't know if they do it and don't know the name. I think they have parking. Or maybe try a printers.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

the Arts and Hobbies shop in the eyre square shopping center would probably have some. They're upstairs... id give more info on where the are but theres many entrances to that shopping center

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭JerryHispano

Upstairs in Powells. Ahh drawing with larry, that brings me back.......... about 2 years back.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I think there is an art supplies/framing shop on the Monivea Road, towards the Ballybane end, don't know if they do it and don't know the name. I think they have parking. Or maybe try a printers.

Cregal Art.

Has been recommended on boards.ie before - I personally have never been there. Good parking. Great location if you're on the east side of town ... location on this map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

galah wrote: »
    You could try Kelly Office Supplies in Lower Salthill (at least they have parking..). Ring ahead though - not sure if they do exactly what you need.

FYI, Kellys charge the same for one ream of A4 paper that you can get elsewhere for a whole box so in terms of best value for money they mightn't be the best choice :rolleyes:

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭lumpwood

Upstairs in Powells. Ahh drawing with larry, that brings me back.......... about 2 years back.....

Don't think anyone from that class will forget Larry...yeah Powells is where most people got theres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

jkforde wrote: »
    FYI, Kellys charge the same for one ream of A4 paper that you can get elsewhere for a whole box so in terms of best value for money they mightn't be the best choice :rolleyes:

yeah, aware of that, but you wanted special paper in a shop with parking - they're one of the ones that spring to mind ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cr0bar

lumpwood wrote: »
    Don't think anyone from that class will forget Larry...yeah Powells is where most people got theres.

We're in the upstairs drawing room now, only about 10 of us there. Larry comes up every hour, yells at us to draw better and then leaves us be. Much more fun than downstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭lumpwood

Was always jealous of you upstairs guys alright...

Advertisement