Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine problem

• 09-02-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

hi all , i just noticed yesterday after i turned on a wash that , my wash machine is not drawing water from my water tank anymore for some reason, usually when i knock it on, the pump connected to the boiler/tank kicks in immediately and pumps water to the machine .but wont now.......oddly though when i run the tap and get the pump to pump ,then the machine fills up normally until the machine drains and trys to get water again whereby i have to run the tap again........thanks for advice if you can decipher what im trying to say!!!!!:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

It just sounds like an air lock. Does the washing machine draw hot and cold or does it only draw cold.

Has this been happening long.

Have you a washer dryer combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

It just sounds like an air lock. Does the washing machine draw hot and cold or does it only draw cold.

Has this been happening long.

Have you a washer dryer combined.

cold water only, start happening yesterday out of the blue, no dryer is seperate, its happening as im writing this , the machine makes a humming sound as if trying to draw water (but doesnt draw), until i run tap, then water starts flowing into the machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

check filter at washing machine .
    turn off washing machine valve and disconnect hose at washing machine , check that the filter is clear. also check that the washing machine hose is not kinked.
    wouldnt think that it is an airlock as if it worked after you ran a tap any air trapped would have been cleared.

Advertisement