Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croatian Spectrum windows

• 09-02-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anyone had recent dealings with this company? I was in touch with them 2 years ago, but now cannot get hold of them via phone or email. Are they still trading I wonder? Thanks to anyone who knows

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

They moved premises. Still selling windows in Cappoquinn now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eco_man

I had dealings with them recently. I would be VERY interested to know what others experienced with them. Particularly in relation to after sales "service".
    They were operating from Lismore in Waterford and opened a new show room (if you could call it that) in Cappoquin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gerardfitz

This " company " is owned by Pat DUNNE, double spread in this Sundays Sunday world, fined € 17k for destroying castle knock conservatory.

He lives in curry hills prosperous. Co.Kildare. Technically he's a snake oil salesman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oscar 30

Can anyone let us know if you have had a recent 2010,2011 experience of saplast windows, supplier of croatian spectrum windows, we met them at the self build show and we really like the windows. Appreciate any advise and help.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Fenor

Croatian Spectrum installed windows for me January 11.
    I'm delighted with the product BUT there after sales service leaves a lot to be desired, my front door was never right - never sealed properly - Bernard & Zelko have arrived on a few occasions but couldn't fix it until i have the tiles, step etc finished.
    In the end my carpenter fixed it up (just after the last time Bernard was up but couldn't do it etc etc) its still not 100%
    Great product but get someone who knows what they are doing to install for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 randomquote

Croatian Spectrum installed windows for me. As Fenor said the after sales service is appalling - non existent really. My front door was not installed properly and has draught through. I could not get written warranty from them and had to go to the manufacturer to get certification to complete BER. They have no idea how to measure windows nor do they know how to fit them.
    In case anyone needs parts you can get them from www.dgsupplyline.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 casey12

Hi,

I don't normally write to these but I felt that with such a bad experience with Croatian Spectrum / Saplast / Thermopoint (seem to be trading under all these names) that I had to join to warn others of the shear incompetence of these two lads. I don't know where to start, the constant lies about the delivery, the demands for money up front, the attitude and aggressive behaviour, the list could go on forever.

It all started when Bernard and Zeljko delivered half my windows 3 months late and demanded payment in full there and then (I had already paid 60% to date). When I refused to pay any more money until all windows were delivered, Bernard became very aggressive and 'suspended' work on my site. It took a month to get them to come back and no matter what I proposed to these lads, they would not accept. I even issued a solicitors letter stating that I would pay them in full once finished. They responded with 'we don't trust solicitors'.

When I did eventually get them back to site, it took 3 days to fit the windows (not fully fitted, more like put in place). My engineer has inspected everything and has found a number of problems from gaps being too large around most windows to the front door being 2 inches too low. They also broke two windows when fitting. I don't have any handles fitted, I need to buy flashing to cover all the gaps they have left behind and will need to pay my plasterer extra money to fill the gaps (30mm in places) around the windows.

I am now in a situation where I have dodgy windows half fitted to my house and need to employ someone else to come and finish the lads work. I cannot afford to replace all my windows and am now stuck with what these cowboys have left me with.

They are currently trading under 'Thermopoint' in Cappaquin & 'Saplast' in Lismore. Our solicitor ran a check for us & Croatian Spectrum was liquidated in October 2011 and Saplast isn't a registered company in this country.

I urge anyone who is considering Bernard & Zeljko for their windows to go elsewhere, believe me, its just not worth it.

Advertisement