Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronic TRV's

• 09-02-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭

sinnerboy wrote: »
    To create the 2 Rads zones means additional pipeworks

There are electronic TRVs on the market now, which can be programmed to set up zones on a timed basis, as well as controlling the room temperature.

Has anyone tried these and if so what's your experience been like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

I moved this post above over from a thread on boilers

( My TRV's are not the electronic type )

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Mazotasan

Same question as OP, was thinking of leaving a 3 core flex and maybe cat5 spur at each rad point for something like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Mazotasan wrote: »
    Same question as OP, was thinking of leaving a 3 core flex and maybe cat5 spur at each rad point for something like this.

I would imagine that these systems are aimed at the retrofit market and not the new build. With a new build why not zone properly in the first place?
    I would however lay cat 5 or whatever is the latest standard to all rooms for other services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

MicktheMan wrote: »
    I would imagine that these systems are aimed at the retrofit market and not the new build.

Indeed. It's a retrofit I have in mind. :)

The one system I've looked at so far runs on wireless technology with controllers on each rad which can control the boiler to call for heat as required.

It ain't cheap - €700 for the system, including 6 radiator controllers, with each extra controller €100. That's ex VAT, not including fitting. I have 15 radiators :eek:

That's why I'm keen to hear from anyone who's used this or a similar system to find out what it cost them and how it has worked out.

Advertisement