Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frames - With or without lens

• 09-02-2010 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend some places online to buy frames cheap, if ye know of any to get them off with prescription lens in them even better!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Have a look in the Eyeglasses forum :)

I buy mine from www.goggles4u.co.uk - can't recommend them more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Ive bought several times from zennioptical.com - they are brill. Bought my last glasses from specsavers and so regretting it now as they had such poor selection and the ones that suited me best were too wide from my face!

There are other threads on boards about this subject but Id say they would be in the bargain alerts section.

You may need to measure your pupilliary distance if its not on your prescription but its pretty easy and usually explained on the website. Measure an existing pair of comfortable glasses and use these as a guide when picking the new ones - a few centimetres off and they can be way too loose/tight for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

jenizzle wrote: »

........ ooopppps lol I didnt realise there was a n eyeglasses forum, sorry mods lol in my defense I'm blonde!

Thank ye both I'll have a look into those sites!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Got mine from vision2you.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I went to up to Specsavers in Newry, Buttercrane Shopping Centre. Got two pairs of designer glasses, both with Ultraclear coating (anti-glare) for £175. The same glasses with the same coating was €279 in Dublin.

I investigated the whole online option but I just wanted to be able to try them on.. and even then it took forever and a day to finally pick out 2 pairs!!

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote: »
    I went to up to Specsavers in Newry, Buttercrane Shopping Centre. Got two pairs of designer glasses, both with Ultraclear coating (anti-glare) for £175. The same glasses with the same coating was €279 in Dublin.

I investigated the whole online option but I just wanted to be able to try them on.. and even then it took forever and a day to finally pick out 2 pairs!!

Ohh stop this is what I'm up against now, but again I want to get two pairs but not pay the rip off republic price!!

Anyone got any suggestions on frame colours?????, I've blonde hair, blue eyes and always went with brown/copperish colour thin metal frames, I feel like a change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Ohh stop this is what I'm up against now, but again I want to get two pairs but not pay the rip off republic price!!

Anyone got any suggestions on frame colours?????, I've blonde hair, blue eyes and always went with brown/copperish colour thin metal frames, I feel like a change!

Check the measurements on the inside of your glasses - they relate to the size of the lenses, distance between the lenses etc. and will help you in your search - I never knew what those numbers were!! It does help as I have a very narrow face and usually end up getting glasses in the teenage section :o At least knowing the maximum width helped me in the trying on phases!!

It is very hard to advise but maybe check the Gok Wan info - I think it was for specsavers?! He gave colours etc. for skin tones and faceshapes..

Yeah I read the bit on the specsavers site about coulors and face shapes ... and I pulled more faces at the suggestions!! Ahh i might just go grab a few of every coulor I like and make the BF give a recommendation to me on em.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I went to an opticians here and got an eyetest with the PD too (I had to ask for that but it doesn't cost extra). Then I went online and went with glasses that are the same length as mine, and in a similar shape. Mine cost £17 (free delivery), at least if I hated them there'd be feck all money lost.

I love my glasses though, I would've paid around €150+ for them in Specsavers! No headaches from them either which helps a lot!

I went to an opticians here and got an eyetest with the PD too (I had to ask for that but it doesn't cost extra). Then I went online and went with glasses that are the same length as mine, and in a similar shape. Mine cost £17 (free delivery), at least if I hated them there'd be feck all money lost.

I love my glasses though, I would've paid around €150+ for them in Specsavers! No headaches from them either which helps a lot!

Def gonna get a couple of pairs from there so for that money I can't go wrong. I wouldn't dare buy any from specsavers cos I always remember my friends getting them from there and the lens just popping out of them for no reason! They could have just been unfortunate, I don't know, but I'm not prepared to spend a fortune on glasses I just need for reading and computers, if I had to wear them all the time then yeah I prob would spend what ever it cost to get my "perfect" pair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

Has goggles4u changed their shipping policy? I don't see Ireland in the countries list when checking out!

Cheers,
    p

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

jenizzle, which online shop did you buy from? and how many days do they deliver in?

cheers

Advertisement