Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAG week line up

• 09-02-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭

Hi folks seen the posters for foundry and the temple for RAG week, line up isn't exactly inspiring. I dont like to give out about the student union as i have dealt with them on numerous occasions and they have done there job well regarding academic problems.
    The entertainment officer seems to have dropped a bomb tho cause this is the poorest line up ive seen in years, hopefully there is more to be added but at the moment lookin modest at best. Maybe there was a budget issue or something! Anyone got any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

Yeah doesn't seem to be any of the top acts playing this year like last rag week(Blizzards, Republic of looses, etc.) :(
    But still cant wait for it ,we will make the best of it with what we got :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Dave D wrote: »
    Yeah doesn't seem to be any of the top acts playing this year like last rag week(Blizzards, Republic of looses, etc.) :(
    But still cant wait for it ,we will make the best of it with what we got :D

Yeah i suppose RAG week is what ya make it tho, cant wait myself maybe thats the reason for my petulant post!! Cant come soon enough need a serious break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

What? The college gets brand-name acts nowadays?? Jammy gits! Few years ago you'd be lucky to get some 2FM DJ throwing a few tracks together in the foundry or scraggs. Rest of it was that same bloke DJ'ing everywhere.

The craic is all about what ya make of it urself. Simple as.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rag week is very different now from what it was in our day bman, last years was a piss poor effort altogether. pubs were empty until the late evening, it's all house drinking and smak parties these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

rag week is very different now from what it was in our day bman, last years was a piss poor effort altogether. pubs were empty until the late evening, it's all house drinking and smak parties these days

I thought last years was ok, the pubs had a good crowd in them on the Monday a Tuesday.
    Sadly the numbers did drop after that. I was never into the house partys on rag week myself, too much fun in the pubs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bkelly86

I knows it not rag week but calvin harris is in the foundry the 4th of march.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

yeah but i don't think the entertainment officer didnt organise that. but like everyone else rag week is what u make of it to be honest. sickened i have end of year tests a week after it so thats a right old pain. probably will just head out on monday and then study for the rest of it, i hope! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Rag week was class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

scoopmine wrote: »
    Rag week was class!

Fact!!!
    It was a brilliant week, really enjoyed it, it's still killin me know tho I'm in bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lollzypop

• Advertisement
Advertisement