Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa v Manchester United

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Headshot wrote: »
    game over

**** it anyway

would have love the 3 points, barely watched the game so i cant comment on it

anybody wilingl to give a review of the match ?

United the better team by a long way. Giggs played horribly badly and kept giving the ball away/getting in Rooney's way. I think a good game from Giggs may have won us the game because he had the space to pull the strings and nearly set up Rooney with a great through ball in the first half.

United would've rolled them over imo if Nani stayed on the pitch. Villa looked lacklustre and not up to much.

A few decent enough chances and some good shots for Rooney. Valencia played well but his end product wasn't very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

That was a good result all things considered.

Nani going off was a blow, might have got the full 3 points but for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

miralize wrote: »
    Mr Own Goal strikes again. Should have brought on owen
    yeah owen should have came instead of berbatov he did nothing while he was on the field,saw him coming on and that was it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Berbatov held up possession. Owen couldn't have done that.

Looking back with hindsight, shocking the sub I would have made would have been Park for Giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Good result considering we were down to 10 for the mostpart.A point gained as they say. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Didnt watch any of this online but to all who dont know, Match of th Day is on at 10.45 on BBC1

Anyways, a draw doesnt sound too bad considering most of the match was with 10 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

United show how you play with 10 men. We were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I would have taken that result before the game. Very happy to get a draw with only ten men for most of the game. Villa surprised me, I was expecting a LOT more from them tonight. They were ridiculously unadventurous after Nani went.

United were very impressive after they went down to ten (my stream crapped out just then so I can't comment on the booking). Rooney misplaced a few passes, but he was doing the running of two men for most of the game so I wouldn't be too critical, and he was a threat to Villa all night, even when he had start covering back for Evra on occasion as the game wore on. Fletcher had a good game in the middle, some nice passes and link up with the forwards to go with his ball winning. Berbatov was useful for us when he came on as well. Carrick didn't produce much going forward but was useful sheilding the centre backs. Giggs was a bit sh*te.

Overall very happy with that draw and performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I don't think we were unadventurous, we were just poor, Rarely beat the man, passes intercepted or misplaced, pegged back. United were playing a 4-4-1 and when Rooney is the 1 it's not that much of a depletion. (Not trying to make excuses!)
    Anyway thats out tough run over and we can hopefully push on from this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

SAF said in the interview it was a red for Nani,he didnt seem too upset.ref was very poor tonight .nani's red was harsh i thought considering some of the stuff the ref let go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Did Fergie not get stuck into the ref? He would have had every right to tonight and so would O'Neill for some of his decisions that went our way.

So very disapointed that we missed out on a glorius opportunity but clawing back another point from Chelsea can't be seen as a disaster. Long league to go yet.

Watched Spurs v Villa and match tonight and am wondering if Villa have lost their threat up front? Could have had some decent points from the two games if they had a bit more bite up front.

Great performance from a 10 man United, just lacked the goal they deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Any chance of winning it was gone when Rooney went out wide towards the end. Maybe we should start with 10 men at Wembly?!!! Though it will feel like that if either Berbatove/Owen start upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Just saw the highlights, lovely header by Cuellar. Nani's was a sending off imo you just cant dive in with two feet like that and right infront of the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Johner wrote: »
    Just saw the highlights, lovely header by Cuellar. Nani's was a sending off imo you just cant dive in with two feet like that and right infront of the ref.

agreed - some freaking header from Cuellar, freaking awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Utd deserved more but considering the Chelsea result , I'm happy enough with the draw .
    Nani was a sending off ,two feet and all that .... but Ref was bad ,
    Thought Fletcher was outstanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Thought it was a cracking match.

It should have been a United free before Nani lunged.

As O'Neill said after the match, you should be delighted a team goes down to ten men, but afterall this is United.

Point gained for me, under the circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Yep deffo sending off, could have been prevented if he had done something intelligent with his other foot.
    http://videos.sapo.pt/3yygDdIlH8uzrJIDpbB7
    TonyD79 wrote: »
    Though it will feel like that if either Berbatove/Owen start upfront.

Harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Liam O wrote: »
    the refs correct decision in sending off Nani may very well have cost us top spot tonight :(

FYP
    yabadabado wrote: »
    SAF said in the interview it was a red for Nani,he didnt seem too upset.ref was very poor tonight .nani's red was harsh i thought considering some of the stuff the ref let go.

It was easily a red card. You can't jump in with 2 feet off the ground and studs showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

JPA wrote: »
    I don't think we were unadventurous, we were just poor, Rarely beat the man, passes intercepted or misplaced, pegged back. United were playing a 4-4-1 and when Rooney is the 1 it's not that much of a depletion. (Not trying to make excuses!)
    Anyway thats out tough run over and we can hopefully push on from this.

I agree with you about Villa's use of the ball being poor and about United not being that much weaker when playing 4-4-Rooney. But I still think Villa could have got more men forward when they attacked. Maybe their trouble holding onto and using the ball sapped some of their confidence in that regard.

Advertisement