Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenkerrin Homes St Edmunds - advice needed

Options
  • 09-02-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying in St Edmunds, liffey valley. Prices now are obviously lower than they have been and i'm happy with the area and ready to buy.

However

The big question mark in my head is that St Edmunds is an unfinished estate, there is an apt blk on which work has stopped for the last year. Possibly a stupid question, but can anyone provide me with some insight about where Glenkerrin are financially? I can't seem to find what i'm looking for. If possible links to news reports, financial statements etc would be very welcome.

Can I have any degree of confidence the devolpment will be finished?

Thoughts on how NAMA will influence the equation are also welcome.

Help please.

Mellow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Cant give you any information on that builder but When you buy A house/apartment the builder Legally only has to finish your unit , he does not have to finish the estate! So chances are at the moment you could end up with a half built apartment block beside you!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

I'd recomend you google St Edmunds as I recall it being discussed on another site previously and there was some disucssion on the development of a methadone clinic near it - not 100% sure on this but it is something you should probably check out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Glenkerrin's loans aren't amongst ones going over to Nama in first phase so'll be a while before it becomes clear what if any effects it'll have on them. i think they'll be okay but that's only based on industry hearsay

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can get accounts details and the like from the CRO. www.cro.ie There is a small fee. You may need someone experienced in company accounts to interpret them. However, be aware that such development invariably involve several different companies.

I suspect the greatest indicator may be the number of unfinished buildings - check the planning permission to see how many buildings have permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Mellow,

I actually live in St Edmunds, I bought here in 2008.
    The developers have actually changed the planning permission in the last year. No longer are they building another few blocks of apts, they are putting houses at the back instead.
    Yes there is an unfinished block behind us, but in the last few months there has been a steady stream of viewers to the show apts. and they have released another phase for sale.

If you want to drop me a pm I can discuss further with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Jesh1

I think the big question on my mind would be the methadone clinic:eek:

NiMhaoldreag, Can you provide any insight into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

To be honest, I'm confused about the HSE building across the road...the only visible sign in there is for a creche....now even the HSE are not stupid enough to mix childcare facilities and drug rehab in the one building - are they?

Regardless of the use of the building I've never had any problems - the gates are closed when I leave for work at 7am and shut up again by 6pm when I'm getting back. I've never seen any unwanted randomers roaming around the place and we have security on the front gate that keep an eye out for unwanted visitors.

Advertisement