Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ponyo in Mallow

Options
  • 09-02-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

The Gate in Mallow is going to show Ponyo from the 12th of Febuary , I must see this film in the cinema :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yar. its out nationwide in cinemas, according to the ad. its very good, both in dub and in sub. another masterpiece by the ghibli crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Are any venues showing the subbed version over the dubbed?

The voices in the dubbed version really grind on my ears which is odd because Ghiblis dubs in the past have been excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pisobella

I hate dubbed versions >.<
    I think to watch it in the cinema too :)
    The last saturday in IFI Dublin there was open day and the first movie was Ponyo... the tickets finished just before I could take one :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Brilliant film, glad to see if finally get a release. I have a copy of the Japanese DVDs (wonderful subs!) but tempted to go to see the Disney dub just to compare (going by their 'interpretation' of the theme song, I won't like it), and of course to see some big screen Ghibli...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Brilliant film, glad to see if finally get a release. I have a copy of the Japanese DVDs (wonderful subs!) but tempted to go to see the Disney dub just to compare (going by their 'interpretation' of the theme song, I won't like it), and of course to see some big screen Ghibli...

I did the same for The Cat Returns and ended up liking some of the voices in it... Anne Hathaway did a pretty good job matching up to the animation (too bad the story was ropey)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pokergraduate

really awesome film!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Went to see it in the Omniplex in Limerick yesterday, loved it.
    It was really me and 8 other friends (all in our early 20s from UL Anime Soc) alone in the theatre and we had a hell of a time.
    We both enjoyed the movie (I thought it was really heart-warming) and laughed heartily (but not loudly actually) at the innuendo found throughout it.

Advertisement