Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avc or buy back pension years

Options
  • 09-02-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

i am wondering if i am better off starting up avc's or buying back 3 years that i previously worked but did not pay a pension for.
    I have been a teacher for 7 years now but only began a pension in the last 4.
    I have been told to buy back the first 3 years ( i was privately paid then by the school and not the dept so didnt have to enter into a state pension scheme!) but this could cost me approx 10k.
    I could instead pay avc's to balance out the missing 3 years as an alternative?? is this advisable as i do not have 10k to pay as a lump sum right now. i can however pay 200p month in avc's instead!
    what is the best advice???
    kevin

Comments

Advertisement