Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sample Essays?

Options
  • 09-02-2010 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Does anybody know any good websites I could get some sample essays for english on? help is greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Try typing in the e-xamit codes, if you have Edco exam papers.

Although I have found the e-xamit solutions to be pretty crap at times (did you ever see the maths ones - whoever does them doesn't have much of an idea - he often picks a very difficult way of doing a very easy question!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Although I have found the e-xamit solutions to be pretty crap at times (did you ever see the maths ones - whoever does them doesn't have much of an idea - he often picks a very difficult way of doing a very easy question!)
    Ha, yeah, they're laughable. They dont explain anything. Better off buying a solutions book.

As for english essays, isn't there an infamous one that can be implemented into almost any short story? Something to do with snow and it's a guarrenteed A. I read about it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I've looked at the English answers on those and they're not great. Far too short for one thing. They're useful for a template to expand upon, but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

As for english essays, isn't there an infamous one that can be implemented into almost any short story? Something to do with snow and it's a guarrenteed A.

A guaranteed 'A' short story is one which is relevant to the title, not 5 pages of learned off cliché that vaguely has something to do with one of the pictures on text 3. There was a time when 'if it could be relevant, it is relevant', but with regard to the short story, this is no longer true. Examiners are looking for essays which answer the question, not necessarily original ones, but they must be relevant.

<rant over>

OP, your request wasn't very specific. For LC HL, you have to write 4 essays. Most revision books have plenty of sample essays.

Advertisement