Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT- The best bits!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

sdonn wrote: »
    Yes yes Mr Goebells, whatever you say.

Tone down the personal stuff there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

ToTheSea: wrote: »
    -You've just said (more likely copied and pasted) yourself that propaganda was tarnished because of its use within the nazi regime.So yes its is all those awful things I said!
    -You also said marketing is a form of propaganda. I said they were similar but not the same.
    -To agree that DIT is using propagnda is unjust. The word was used in an extreme context in the original users post about DIT. If anybody feels they used propaganda like the nazis did, they are fools for coming to DIT.

I know you personally are just trying to clarify A WORD. I'm not attacking you just your post.
    Thanks, TTS:

Just wanted to address a couple of things!
    1. I do NOT copy and paste things without acknowledging that they are not my own wording. I just know a lot about world war two as world history is an interest of mine. I found it a little insulting for you to think it more likely that I wouldn't be able to pull together an intelligent sentence, seeing as (as far as i'm aware) you don't know me.

2. I agree that I was incorrect in stating that marketing is a form of propaganda, and I apologise for that.

3. I in no way wished to compare DIT to the nazis, it was merely clarification on the literal definition of the word.

4. I know you weren't attacking me, it's all good!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

GarethWA wrote: »
    Just wanted to address a couple of things!
    1. I do NOT copy and paste things without acknowledging that they are not my own wording. I just know a lot about world war two as world history is an interest of mine. I found it a little insulting for you to think it more likely that I wouldn't be able to pull together an intelligent sentence, seeing as (as far as i'm aware) you don't know me.

2. I agree that I was incorrect in stating that marketing is a form of propaganda, and I apologise for that.

3. I in no way wished to compare DIT to the nazis, it was merely clarification on the literal definition of the word.

4. I know you weren't attacking me, it's all good!:D

Don't worry, I'm not a stalker haha. I apologise for the copy and paste remark.
    Yeah its all good. Glad to see this place with a bit of life in it anyway.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just to clarify...my reference to Goebells was that he was minister for Propaganda. Wasn't meant as an insult and I wasn't calling him a Nazi or anything.

There's waaayyy to much off topic nonsense here tbh. I called something as I saw it, the tangent into Herr Goebells' political views was not my intention when using the word (in my opinion, used correctly).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Awww, it got sensible just as I was about to throw down with some Hermherm and Chomchom Propaganda Model shiz!

But... quickly, lest I bring it off topic again....

WW2 - Every nation in the war employed propaganda, even us Irish and we were neutral.

Most mass media can be argued as propaganda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Awww, it got sensible just as I was about to throw down with some Hermherm and Chomchom Propaganda Model shiz!

But... quickly, lest I bring it off topic again....

WW2 - Every nation in the war employed propaganda, even us Irish and we were neutral.

Most mass media can be argued as propaganda.

...exactly. ;) I never claimed otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Authentic

wixfjord wrote: »
    Im doing B and M not in first year though. I will agree there are an amount of tossers and in DT341 aswell, but not to the same extent that youd get elsewhere.

will have to disagree with this

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Authentic wrote: »
    will have to disagree with this

Haha touched a nerve did i?! IMO morkeshing is the worst course Ive encontered with regards to 'Daddy's girls' and rugby jocks, the type you are surrounded by in UCD for example. Yes I know thats a stereotype, but its a very true stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Authentic

wixfjord wrote: »
    Haha touched a nerve did i?! IMO morkeshing is the worst course Ive encontered with regards to 'Daddy's girls' and rugby jocks, the type you are surrounded by in UCD for example. Yes I know thats a stereotype, but its a very true stereotype.

actually i have to agree with the rugby jock comment..it is partially very true, annoys me at times as im not really a rugby fan haha

daddy`s girls bit im not too sure about though haha but then again if its not the case with it in my year doesnt mean other years dont have it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭TMH

Good old DIT, as much as I would expect - bunch of geniuses.
    No, really.
    What?
    Ok believe what you want.
    Fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

TMH wrote: »
    Good old DIT, as much as I would expect - bunch of geniuses.
    No, really.
    What?
    Ok believe what you want.
    Fine.

Making some sort of amazing point that we wee DIT students can't fathom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭TMH

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Making some sort of amazing point that we wee DIT students can't fathom?

No, no.

I am one of you.

For my sins.

:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

TMH wrote: »
    No, no.

I am one of you.

For my sins.

:pac:

So you should understand the phrase: 'what are you ****en on about?' then

Advertisement