Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway - Dublin food

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Even though I arrived at 400 to Doughiska, it only took 20! Couldnt believe it, must have gotten lucky, traffic the other way was pants though.

That's incredible! You were dead lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

churchview wrote: »
    Why would you bother pulling in to Athlone, particularly on your way up? Nowadays it'd not even an hour from Galway and all you'll get at that service station stop (Kilmartins) is fast food crap or carvery food.

If you're travelling towards Galway, keep going to Galway and head into Scotty's, before you even reach town.

If heading to Dublin, stop off at Fureys in Moyvalley. Exit the M4 just west of the toll, I think it's the Enfield exit.

http://www.ireland-guide.com/establishment/fureys_bar.5434.html

Both Scottys and Fureys serve great steaks. Fureys is the better of the two by far though.

+1 Great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

I treated myself to Furey's fillet steak last Friday.

The best steak I've had in a long time!

If coming from Dublin, get off the M6 at Enfield and rejoin it afterwards at Kinnegad, and vice versa if coming from Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Get a receipt at the toll booth when you come off the M4 and you wont have to pay again at the mainline toll.

Advertisement