Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEXTS FROM OWON235

• 09-02-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Got text the other day from this, but no number, and they klnew my name, so is someone at my network getting me and other people's details and sending out texts for fun. It's the 3 rd time it's happened. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Most likely someone you know messing. Stuff like this can be dont using the internet. Not that much you can do about it, unless its abusive you need to report it to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

The worrying this is none of my contacts would do this? So HOW is it the number does not show up and if I bring it to my local network shop, can they block texts from numbers with NO numbers appearing.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Pretend to be a girl and ask him for a date:

http://dating.irishexaminer.com/profile.cfm?member=owon235

Pretend to be a girl and ask him for a date:

http://dating.irishexaminer.com/profile.cfm?member=owon235

I did same thing, googles the word.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/0046707990011

"same number, but the i.d was owon235. he asked me a question thaT i had asked someone else in a text, so i assume this guy works for a mobile phone company and can access texts,Caller ID: owon235"

malene wrote: »
    The worrying this is none of my contacts would do this? So HOW is it the number does not show up and if I bring it to my local network shop, can they block texts from numbers with NO numbers appearing.

Thanks

A local shop wont be able to do this no.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    A local shop wont be able to do this no.

ok, if I ring the mobile company itself, can it block numbers?

Nope, dont think they will be able to do anything in this case :o

Nope, dont think they will be able to do anything in this case :o

so, what are my options. I wouldn't go to Guards because it's not major, but I just don't want to be getting these texts.

Well report it to the network in any case. o2 do have a text blocking service but its not as straight forward in this case. The message is coming from a text service rather then a standard number

will do.

thanks
    Well report it to the network in any case. o2 do have a text blocking service but its not as straight forward in this case. The message is coming from a text service rather then a standard number

• Advertisement
Advertisement