Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best route from Limerick to Fermoy.

Options
  • 09-02-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭

I need to drive from Limerick to Fermoy tomorrow, can someone suggest the best route? AA says limerick-Fermoy via Mitchelstown but I have also been told that going through Mallow is a better option? Thanks in advance and mods feel free to move if necessary.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

via mitchelstown is the only way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Go via Kilbeheny and Glanworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Used to work in Fermoy and I can tell you the best route is ALWAYS through Mitchelstown which is through Caherconlish, Hospital, Ballyanders and onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Limerick Mitchelstown Fermoy is a terrible winding road. It's 6 of one and half doz of another distance wise.
    For a better faster road, Limerick down Cork Road and into Mallow. Go through 1st roundabout - at 2nd one - take first left towards town. Drive straight down the main street and at the bottom is a tiny roundabout. Go left at this and keep out that road. It will be signposted from there - about 14 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

i know its late and you are probably back but
    grenache wrote: »
    Go via Kilbeheny and Glanworth.

thats a good joke . Unless of course you meant kildorrery and then glanworth - now thats a a joke of a road.
    LB6 wrote: »
    Limerick Mitchelstown Fermoy is a terrible winding road.... ...It will be signposted from there - about 14 miles.

About 14 miles of also a terrible winding road, where as mitchelstown - fermoy is motorway. But you are right much of a muchness.

The irish answer is , It would all depend on where you were starting from. Raheen side maybe mallow (unless you go ballyneety ,herbertstown, hospital.....) , ballysimon side then probably mitchelstown (via caherconlish, herbertstown, hospital..... )

Its too cold to go out and paint the garden wall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement