Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official movie download

Options
  • 09-02-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I have been searching for a while for a good site to stream or download official/approved movies/episodes from.
    Some sites I have found you need to buy hardware (which I dont want to do), some dont allow access from ireland, and others are just scams or dont seem legit.
    Plus I have no problem paying monthly subs, or rental rates.
    So any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Feel free to help the OP here, all legal suggestions very welcome, but no discussion of illegal downloads etc.

Thanks,

Ritz.

/Mod hat off..... :)

Howdy,

I'm afraid that I don't know of any pay-per-download as such, but you can access Sky online and I assume access their movie channels for a monthly fee, you could look in that direction.

It's also possible to see TV series on 4OD, see http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od as well as on RTE's iPlayer - see http://www.rte.ie/player/
    and its possible to aggregate these in the likes of MCE - more reading on this in the HTPC Media Player forums.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I believe Sony are bringing their Video download / Rental service to Ireland soon. Initially, however, you will need a PS3.

I believe there is no monthly fee and you only pay for what you want to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ileno

Well there must be a business opportunity there somewhere! :)
    Has to be the next step for xtravision

But thanks for the info above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lockgroove

what about the zumo service? that only works if you own an xbox, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ileno

I think that Zumo service is just an online storage system, you cant buy films or music
    I have signed up for a guest account with sky for free. You can rent or buy films and tv series. Have only watched some free things on it, and it seems pretty good. Might rent a movie on it this weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement