Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official specification of county colours

Options
  • 09-02-2010 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

I tried asking the following in Galway City, but didn't get good answers. Have been looking around for a better place, and thought I'd give this a go, since the reason I'm looking for it is for re-branding on one of my sites. Mods, if you think it'd go better elsewhere, please move it.

Does anyone know where I'd find the "official" (is there one?) spec for the County Galway maroon colour? RGB or hex is what I'm after, but not based on reading the on-screen version of an document etc (too many variations seem to come into things that way).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

the official 'Galway colours' are Maroon and White. The 'official' colours are used by the county teams (GAA)

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

blue4ever wrote: »
    the official 'Galway colours' are Maroon and White. The 'official' colours are used by the county teams (GAA)

C

Yeah, I think I have the spec for white bit already ;)

It's the maroon I'm looking for - used by all sort of organisations besides the GAA!

I'm figuring this must be a common question, and that there must be an official source which describes the exact shade used in the colours for each county? 'Cos otherwise different printers etc would all produce different "looks".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

the official hex for maroon is #800000

so no one could argue there or for the printers

r, 128
    g, 0
    b 0

C

well done with the white all the same

Advertisement