Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography

Options
  • 09-02-2010 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Heya just wondering has anyone ever learned off all sample essays for physical and regional geography?

like obviously theres some things that need to be learned just for short questions but things like India im learnin about 7 long questions that can be altered to suit different questions..

just wondering what everyone else has done or is doing? and what ye think of it in general! beginning to have my doubts!:rolleyes:
    thanks!
    ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I thought everyone learned off essays for geography? You kind of have to. There's nothing wrong with learning off essays anyway, provided you do adapt the information to answer the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Yeah I do, I don't see anything wrong with it either. You learn off facts off the book, same thing by learning it straight from an essay, except you get better marks :P.

Edit: I just noticed that you said Physical and regional. I do it for all part of the exam(except short Qs) especially for my Option.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

Thank God it's not just my teacher who does this. I was beginning to worry.
    Although, if some crazy question comes up, I'm so screwed. She set us a question not so long ago without giving us a sample essay and we all looked at her, completely bemused. I no longer have the ability to make up my own essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I learn off essays for MNC's and Conflict and things like that and for physical i learn off bits and pieces and put them together to suit the essay. I'm not learning off full essays because questions change but there's no harm in doing it. As for regional i havn't covered a lot of it so not really doing that much of it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Well, everything apart from the options(don't know proper name for it, geoecology for me) doesn't require an essay format so I just learn bullet points of information for everything else. I really should start doing more study for geography, survived the mocks by predicting that
    human interaction of coastal processes and tertiary sector for Irish region would come up
    . I definitely won't risk it in the real leaving cert.

Regional is such a pain to learn for me >_<. So many facts and lists of characteristics to learn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement