Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bio Shock 2 now its out what do you think

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Mr E wrote: »
    Got my Rapture Limited Edition from Zavvi....

A friend gave me the Rapture Edition for my birthday. It's much better presented than I expected. I assumed they'd just give the artbook with the game, but it's all in a neat box! Might finish Bayonetta before I play Bioshock 2 though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Im enjoying it. seems to be a carbon copy of the first one. there was nothing wrong with the first one so its all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Did you guys harvest the little girls or did you save them? Is the same as the first where you just get double ADAM for harvesting? I've only played for an hour or two and I can't see why id bother saving them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well in bioshock 1 the only difference it made was less adam and a short cut scene at the end of the game iirc. i hope there's some other difference in this game, that really annoyed me about 1.

i'm loving this game, just got into dionysus park.. spent half the day just walking around the area before that taking it all in. I am in absolutely no rush to get this over with.. i'm sure the game has flaws but i'm enjoying it so much I just can't see them right now. Definitely going to get a few repeat plays.

oh wait, I thought of a flaw.. it needs a difficulty harder than Hard. Hard is quite challenging in places but I'm worried that my repeat playthrough is going to seem a little stale without a ramp up in difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

well in bioshock 1 the only difference it made was less adam and a short cut scene at the end of the game iirc.
    Nope, the little sister left you little presents if you saved them and you couldn't get the control big daddy plasmid any other way (it was crap anyway).

I'm two hours in already and I'm loving the story. I really don't think people recognise or appreciate a quality story enough in the gaming world. I read a lot of Ayn Rand so I find the Bioshock story very exciting.

Especially now that the main bad guy is a collectivist! Joy! A Major bonus for me was finding more tapes with Andrew Ryan's voice, I always enjoyed listening to him. I just relish the immersion that Bioshock provides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Grimebox wrote: »
    Did you guys harvest the little girls or did you save them? Is the same as the first where you just get double ADAM for harvesting? I've only played for an hour or two and I can't see why id bother saving them

I saved them all on my first play through... you get some additional rewards for saving them. I also think it affects the way the last level plays through, though I'm not sure yet since I haven't gone through the game harvesting them - but something "significant" that happens in the very end, probably doesn't happen if you harvest them...

There are also 3 other points in the game were you are given good/evil choices and unlike Bioshock 1, what you do at those points does somewhat affect things in subsequent sections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

did anyone get the achievement for
    whacking ryan mannequin in the head with the golf club in the amusement park using telekinesis?
    thought that was a nice touch indeed.

Find i'm dying very easily on medium though :(

calex71 wrote: »
    Find i'm dying very easily on medium though :(
    I did for a good while too; it took me some time before I was able to cycle through weapons and plasmids properly and to learn strategies for different enemies.

Whoever said they didn't like the drill? That and the drill bash move have saved me from every hulk, big daddy and big sister I've come across. Ah, I don't want it to end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Waiting for my Limited Edition to arrive from Play.com :( Could be a while

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Healium wrote: »
    Waiting for my Limited Edition to arrive from Play.com :( Could be a while

lol was it uber edition? when did you ordered it? you still not getting it since release?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Just finished Ryan's Amusements, it's pretty great so far. Loved all the displays that went through Rapture's history and Ryan's philosophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Play.com can be really slow sometimes... I've had stuff take as long as two weeks to show up :mad:.

lol was it uber edition? when did you ordered it? you still not getting it since release?!

I actually would have whored myself to get that Uber Edition :P

Special Edition with the record for me :)
    J-blk wrote: »
    Play.com can be really slow sometimes... I've had stuff take as long as two weeks to show up :mad:.

AHHH! Shut up! It HAS to come Monday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

I'm taking my time and playing in small bursts - otherwise I'd overdose and so far so good.

The only thing is that I played BS1 @ 1280x1024. This time around I'm @ 1680x1050 and it seems off somehow and has been annoying me a bit. Came across this in the meantime. Will likely have it finished by the time the patch appears.

D.

dazberry wrote: »
    I'm taking my time and playing in small bursts - otherwise I'd overdose and so far so good.

The only thing is that I played BS1 @ 1280x1024. This time around I'm @ 1680x1050 and it seems off somehow and has been annoying me a bit. Came across this in the meantime. Will likely have it finished by the time the patch appears.

D.

The patch came out today, but did much more harm than good. It kills multiplayer and causes loads more problems than it solves

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

computer broke a day after getting it.

i hate my life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Lol @ Jazzy

Suprised noones commented on the Multiplayer really.
    I was a fanboi of the first one, so I jumped straight into MP before even trying the single player.
    Its like COD in the way you level up, so higher levels have MUCH better weapons/bonuses etc which can be quite annoying.
    In FFA whoever gets the Big Daddy suit usually wins.
    Tbh,...MP is average at best

Enjoying the Single player too...only gripe would be...CRAP...SCATTERED...EVERYWHERE.
    You spend about half your time searching drawers, or corners, or crates for crappy stuff, and some of it is so pointless and have such a minimal effect ...drinks/food.....that you just take everything , because its quicker than filtering what you need and what you dont.

Obviously the character has a bottomless sack in which to store all this muck.

Apart from that its great. Not likin the idea of spending the whole game trying to get to this 1 little sister though. Paedo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ok I have changed my mind. First time playing it I enjoyed it. Now after a few hours of playing it I must say I love it. Im tempted to go back down to my computer and pull an all nighter but I dont want to clear it to fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Played it for a few hour yesterday and im after really getting in to it, the big sisters are a good challange tho ya really need to prepare before ya fight them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

from the first post, i have now played it for a few hours.

im loving it .

the graphics are the same i feel it really is just a bio shock 1.5

all the stuff scattered everywhere is quiet annoying , i find most of my time just searching boddies.

any way , still a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Enjoying it too... really good game.

I think I preferred the researching in the first game though. I don't think the video camera works very well. And like others said, I think this game would be half the length if you didn't have to scavenge every single body, filing cabinet, trash can, fridge, chest of drawers and locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,226 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Enjoying it too... really good game.

I think I preferred the researching in the first game though. I don't think the video camera works very well. And like others said, I think this game would be half the length if you didn't have to scavenge every single body, filing cabinet, trash can, fridge, chest of drawers and locker.
    Well you don't have too...but I know what you mean.

In other news, has anyone used the
    Spear Gun
    yet? The best and most enjoyable weapon I've ever used.

What's everyone's favourite weapon/Plasmid? There seems to be so many plasmids in this game that I would never use. The one with the
    swarming bugs
    seems a bit stupid for instance but like it could be fun to use once or twice.

I don't like the "it's too similar" criticism. Bioshock was such a success, we would all be moaning if they changed it too much. They pretty much refined everthing that was annoying in the first game, elaborated on the plasmids and kept the fantastic background story and game setting. I'm glad they kept the different splicer types too. I'm afraid it will be over soon! I'm already planning what I will do differently on my next play through.

• Valmont wrote: »
    I don't like the "it's too similar" criticism. Bioshock was such a success, we would all be moaning if they changed it too much. They pretty much refined everthing that was annoying in the first game, elaborated on the plasmids and kept the fantastic background story and game setting. I'm glad they kept the different splicer types too. I'm afraid it will be over soon! I'm already planning what I will do differently on my next play through.
    Agree with the "its too similar" criticism. Just hope they release some kind of patch for the multiplayer, i'm finding it laggy as hell. Also up the difficulty and give us more plasmids (like they did with a dlc in Bioshock 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm playing on normal with the vitochambers turned off, and its challenging enough for me, thank you very much. :)

When you don't have infinite lives, you have to be very strategic with plasmids and ammo (the shock plasmid is working best for me)

Just finished the Pauper's Drop area... my God, the music before
    Grace
    was very annoying.
    Valmont wrote:
    I'm already planning what I will do differently on my next play through.
    Like what? Its extremely linear.... what will you do differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Was anyone else under the impression from the trailers and such that their was only one big sister and that she would kinda be the end boss or something?How wrong i was :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm playing on normal with the vitochambers turned off, and its challenging enough for me, thank you very much. :)

When you don't have infinite lives, you have to be very strategic with plasmids and ammo (the shock plasmid is working best for me)

Yeah Vitochambers off is the way to play. Of course, the game turns into constant legging it to vending machines to stock up on health kits, but it makes the battles far more intense. You have to fill the area up with traps and security before taking on any fight. It adds a much more strategic edge to combat.

I don't know if I like the constant scavenging or not. It has led to a couple of wonderful hidden discoveries, but you just know if you miss a section (which is quite easy) you'll have missed something useful. It just means each level has taken me two hours plus, as I'm not going to miss out on a Power to the People Station, which are well hidden on occasion.

Like what? Its extremely linear.... what will you do differently?

Now that I'm at the end, I can tell you I will use a different array of plasmids and most obviously make different
    good/evil choices; grace, stanley, the little sisters...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Just finished it there this evening on pc rather enjoyed it. Was reasonably thorough in going through it and visiting the nooks and crannies. I did not have vita chambers off though I do not use them in the sense that I am a frequent user of quick save. Had gotten the special edition from amazon who where prompt with delivery.
    I got bored gathering extra from the sisters and defending from the splicer hordes. In the end also I was mainly just freezing and then blowing things up. I did like how you can see the research and the gains don't think that was how it was in the first?

Thought the final "boss" scene was better in this one also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

extremely over rated just like the first one

Advertisement