Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhoneCover O2 have given me an interesting choice of Phones ... which one????

• 10-02-2010 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

My N95 (classic silver) was lost/stolen last monday. Luckily I have O2 PhoneCover Insurance.

They say they can give me another N95 but it will take a few days/weeks as "that phone is about 5 years old and totally out of date". Because they say the phone is so out of date they have given me the following other choice of phones;
    Nokia 5800
    Nokia 6700
    Nokia E52
    Nokia N86 (although this will cost an additional €80)
    Nokia N95

So what phone should I choose? I want a replacement for my N95 with similar specs and functionality. I use the phone mainly for work ... the most important features for me are the camera, the calendar, and the overall reliability of the phone.

I don't care too much about wi-fi, music, or other 3rd party apps.

So, some advice please from you mobile gurus. What phone should I choose as a replacement for my beloved N95?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

ToadVine wrote: »
    My N95 (classic silver) was lost/stolen last monday. Luckily I have O2 PhoneCover Insurance.

They say they can give me another N95 but it will take a few days/weeks as "that phone is about 5 years old and totally out of date". Because they say the phone is so out of date they have given me the following other choice of phones;
    Nokia 5800
    Nokia 6700
    Nokia E52
    Nokia N86 (although this will cost an additional €80)
    Nokia N95

So what phone should I choose? I want a replacement for my N95 with similar specs and functionality. I use the phone mainly for work ... the most important features for me are the camera, the calendar, and the overall reliability of the phone.

I don't care too much about wi-fi, music, or other 3rd party apps.

So, some advice please from you mobile gurus. What phone should I choose as a replacement for my beloved N95?

Has to be the N86 - arguably the best camera ever put into a Nokia, tried and trusted software too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Would go with the N86 myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

+1 on the N86. Out of that bunch of phones it seems to be the best replacement, assuming the N95 covered your needs before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Thanks folks ... the N86 it is!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Only the N86 and N95 have the same or better spec. The rest are worse spec. N86 vote by me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

An extra €80 blips is ouch though!

I would have though that even the lower insurance plan would have covered it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

More of the same messing from Zurich/Phonecover

If you pay the €6 insurance, you are entitled to

"Your new phone will be identical to the one that was lost or stolen. If your model of phone is not available, a replacement model with the closest functionality available will be sent up to the value of €500.00 replacement value including VAT."

If you pay the €9 insurance you are entitled to

"Your new phone will be identical to the one that was lost or stolen. If your model of phone is not available, a replacement model with the closest functionality available will be sent up to the value of €1,500.00 replacement value including VAT."

NOWHERE does it mention paying extra, PLUS, the N86 is on Expansys sim free for €349, so even the basic insurance would MORE than cover you. If Expansys sell at that price to the ordinary Joe Public, I'm sure Phonecover have access to better prices, or that price at worst!!

Advertisement