Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce HELP!!

Options
  • 10-02-2010 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I'm stressing out as I hope to study Commerce in UCD next year but I don't do business as a subject for the leaving cert.

I do however, do Economics and Accounting.

Am I putting myself at a disadvantage??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Its not a disadvantage if you havent done any of the above. Its a slightly extra help if you have.

I didnt do economics or accounting and theyre my best subjects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 el cule

Disadvantage!?! You're after doing two subjects that are hugely relevant to this course so your more likely to be at an advantage over most people in your course. You don't have anything to worry about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

You are absolutely fine.

They won't expect any prior knowledge. In fact you may find first year a little easier than others having done Economic and Accounting.

If it were a prerequisite, which its not, they might expect a certain level, like having to do chemistry to do medicine, but this isn't the case so you're fine.

Relax :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

If anything, you are better off having Economics and Accounting instead of business

Advertisement