Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitting a new radio to Golf Mk4

• 10-02-2010 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi, the factory fitted Beta radio in my Golf is giving some trouble, I was thinking of replacing it with another off ebay, VW radio again, maybe the later 'Gamma' one. Was just wondering if there would be an issue with radio codes, would it work and would I be able to install one of the CD players that are in the space above the radios in some of the Golfs?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

If your happy fitting an OEM one again there are better radios available on the market now. One of the main limitations of the gamma radios is there is no aux, usb connection etc. You might need an adaptor lead depeding on the model of the new radio.

Is your going to fit a second hand OEM unit. First of all your going to need the raido code for the new radio. The Gamma and the Disk changer should be plug and play as the radio should use the same ISO connections. You will also need to get a cable to connect the radio to the c.d changer. You might as well go for a 6 disk indash unit as opposed to the single c.d. Obviously both units are a similar standard side (DIN).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Great, thanks. The only reason I was going for the same was because I'd like to keep the blue/red lighting the same in the cabin. If there are alternatives that you'd recommend that would be great, and aux/usb would obviously be of more use to me - ipod connection would be more useful than CD player!

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jayotala

Radio codes are easily got by VW, but if the new radio you fit asks for a code and you don't have it all you have to do, is turn the radio on, turn the key in the ignition all the way to the on position but don't actually start the car if you know what I mean, leave it like this for an hour and the radio will unlock itself. It could take a little longer or it could take a little less.

Advertisement