Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That feeling you get when exams are over!

• 10-02-2010 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I just had to come in here and celebrate the fact that I had an exam this morning and it's over! Don't you just love that feeling when you walk out of the exam hall and it's over? and you can watch tv and do things apart from study and not feel guilty!

Yay!!!!! I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ah, I remember that feeling well. Doing that walk that's practically dancing as you walk out the door. That first pint always tastes brilliant as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Ah, I remember that feeling well. Doing that walk that's practically dancing as you walk out the door. That first pint always tastes brilliant as well.

I'll be on the Margheritas actually - have to wait for everyone else to finish work though first :(

Doing this exam was totally my own choice, I'm doing a post-grad course extramurally so am working full time too and studying by myself in the evening at weekends. Studying was awful because I had nobody to blame but myself! I swore after I finished college I would never do another exam but I guess you forget the pain!

Won't have to another one for a long time now. Everything else is assessment based :)

Hurray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭Kelda09

Congrats Watna!!! There is no better feeling than that feeling of walking (skipping :D) out the door knowing that you get too just chill out and do nothing without the little voice in your head telling you you should be studying..... Bliss.

I'm doing my degree now part time and of my own free will, so I know what you mean by having nobody to blame but yourself, you cant really bitch about the workload or the studying cos it was your choice to do it, but WHOO HOO to you on having the exam over. Im sure it was all worth it. :rolleyes:

Kelda09 wrote: »
    Congrats Watna!!! There is no better feeling than that feeling of walking (skipping :D) out the door knowing that you get too just chill out and do nothing without the little voice in your head telling you you should be studying..... Bliss.

I'm doing my degree now part time and of my own free will, so I know what you mean by having nobody to blame but yourself, you cant really bitch about the workload or the studying cos it was your choice to do it, but WHOO HOO to you on having the exam over. Im sure it was all worth it. :rolleyes:

Thanks! and I'll tell you what I've been telling myself for the past two weeks. It will all be worth it in the end! :)

watna wrote: »
    Thanks! and I'll tell you what I've been telling myself for the past two weeks. It will all be worth it in the end! :)
    Ah but Watna, the real question is WILL IT EVER END!!!!!!!!! Why arent you out celebrating your freedom, not on boards, (not that I dont think boards is brilliant;);))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Good stuff watna! :)

Haven't done exams in a few years now, but I keep having a dream that I've gone back to do the leaving (even though I know I don't have to) and that I haven't bothered going to any maths classes or handing in any maths assignments... and it's close to exam time and I have to cover the entire maths syllabus in a few weeks...

The feeling I get when I wake up is similar to the end-of-exams feeling, albeit a lot more fleeting. :)

Ah but Watna, the real question is WILL IT EVER END!!!!!!!!! Why arent you out celebrating your freedom, not on boards, (not that I dont think boards is brilliant;);))

I promise, it will end on day! The exam finished at 12.30pm and I went home for a sleep and I'm leaving to meet up with friends finishing work in an hour. I feel great!
    Dudess wrote: »
    Good stuff watna! :)

Haven't done exams in a few years now, but I keep having a dream that I've gone back to do the leaving (even though I know I don't have to) and that I haven't bothered going to any maths classes or handing in any maths assignments... and it's close to exam time and I have to cover the entire maths syllabus in a few weeks...

The feeling I get when I wake up is similar to the end-of-exams feeling, albeit a lot more fleeting. :)

I think everyone has that dream - my dad says he dreams he's going in to university exams and he hasn't prepared and he last did an exam about 35 years ago. I guess it never leaves you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

The best feeling I remember is the two weeks before the start of the summer holidays, exactly one year before the A-levels. We've done all our mock exams, then there's one week's work experience and after that there's a week of doing whatever the heck we like, followed by two months of holidays! 1989 was a marvellous year for me!

It's OK I have the finish date in my sights, Just have to keep going till july and then Im never even contemplating another course in my entire lifetime... :rolleyes:

How did the celebrations go???? Hope you didnt suffer too much as a result :p

It's OK I have the finish date in my sights, Just have to keep going till july and then Im never even contemplating another course in my entire lifetime... :rolleyes:

How did the celebrations go???? Hope you didnt suffer too much as a result :p

Nah, I'm at work today and fighting fit. It was a civilised evening. I really enjoyed being out of the house, talking to other people and not wearing my pyjamas! :)

Going out again tonight. They're playing Dirty Dancing on a big screen in the Botanic Gardens so I'm meeting friends for a picnic and lying on a blanket outside watching Patrick Swayze do his thing! :)

• Advertisement

watna wrote: »
    Going out again tonight. They're playing Dirty Dancing on a big screen in the Botanic Gardens so I'm meeting friends for a picnic and lying on a blanket outside watching Patrick Swayze do his thing! :)
    Im very impressed at the civilised celebrations!!:D I have to say, that sounds fantastic although Im not a Patrick Swaze fan,(I know, what sort of girl am I....:o:o) but I love movies and the como of film and a fine evenin sounds so relaxing. Enjoy and relax..

Advertisement