Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal -v- Liverpool, 19.45 SS2

Comments

Yeah and that was after Gerard dived to con the ref, play should have been stopped and Gerard booked

He stumbled, he made no appeal for a free so its not a dive.
    amacachi wrote: »
    Two absolutely unbelievable dives by Gerard and nothing done about it. Absolute joke.

I saw no dives by gerrard in that game. His heals were clipped in the first half and he stumbled in the last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Looking at it again, either Gerrard is getting better at diving (by not actually appealing) or he actually just fell at the end there, slipped like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

surprise surprise. Arsenal player handles the ball. No action taken :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He could easily have called him over after awarding the free and cautioned him then but didn't

If you see the replay, he clearly fell and got back up again so I don't see the dive

One thing the replay's didnt cut short and i'm quite annoyed how they didn't pick up on it was for gerrard's " penalty " claim his head almost snapped off his neck at the speed he turned to look at the ref while he was mid " foul " on his way to the ground.

It was a good game tonight for us, cesc not playing so well and we still ground out a win. Eboue looked lively and bendtner is getting his game time back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Frisbee wrote: »
    I think it was given for Fabregas bundling over Kuyt from behind.

They pulled it back before they took it though, I think he actually gave it for the dive :eek:

Who cares anyway, should have been a card to Gerrard and a free out. The handball evened things out (although there was the argument he was protecting his face :p)
    Redzer7 wrote: »
    1 nil to the Arsenal, 1 nil to the Arsenal :) happy days.

Feels great to be actually able to say that and mean it :D

Overall, a scrappy enough game I thought, plenty of misplaced passes, although it livened up in the second half considerably. Arsenal had the upper hand for most, but then you expect that from the home side. Could have gone either way in the end. An unbelievable tackle from Gallas (he had no rights to make that challenge let along come away with the ball :eek:) and a fantastic save from Almunia (told you all he was a good shotstopper :D) with a great header from Diaby was the difference tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

ha very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

amacachi wrote: »
    Two absolutely unbelievable dives by Gerard and nothing done about it. Absolute joke.

Sky pundits are an absolute joke, said something about Gerard's dive being "unfortunate".
    Also absolutely delighted Fabregas blocked the free with his hand, may as well earn a yellow card.

What the free kick was giving the Cesc pushing Kuyt to the ground.

Every time a free kick was given against Arsenal and Cesc was near by he was kicking the ball away and time waisting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Well I never thought I'd say it but Big Al made a match winning save tonight with that save from Babel. Still dont trust him but credit where it's due.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

we did defend well. lapse in concentration and whereabouts cost us a goal. it was always a matter of time as to when arsenal would score rather then if. liverpool barely threatened. bendtner did well despite having a terrible first half and diaby kept a cool head.
    maxi rodriguez isnt up for it. dont see him making any impact to liverpools season, reira is twice the player.

this game really showed the problems liverpool have when trying to play against a pacey side. all arsenal needed was one mistake and boom, goal. liverpool never really looked like they had the coordination and quick thinking to get anything tonight. johnson is being missed like a sore thumb, never mind torres :pac:

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    ha very good
    yeah we were ****e tonight but that was an absolutely shocking decision by ref at the end. What did he think Fabregas was doing. Asking for permission to go to the toilet. Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

He stumbled, he made no appeal for a free so its not a dive.

Bendtner made no tangible appeal for the penalty incident either bar throwing his hands out which every player does. He got booked ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah, that must be it :pac:

Must be if you are agreeing.

Not the end of the world. City is a far bigger match.

Congrats Arsenal, just about the right result.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I saw no dives by gerrard in that game. His heals were clipped in the first half and he stumbled in the last minute.

LOL.

Every time a free kick was given against Arsenal and Cesc was near by he was kicking the ball away and time waisting.
    Cesc done it twice. Once he just done what every player does and trods off with the ball. Second he rightfully moved the free kick back.

As a captain i see nothing wrong with it. How come it's when cesc does it it's an issue. What about ashley cole running a quarter of the pitch with the ball for a throw in for arsenal last week and dropping it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lol ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Is that an awful dig at Henry?
    They pulled it back before they took it though, I think he actually gave it for the dive :eek:

Who cares anyway, should have been a card to Gerrard and a free out. The handball evened things out (although there was the argument he was protecting his face :p)

Tbf I don't think that was a Gerrard dive, bear in mind I only saw it once as my stream skipped a bit and saw no replay. But Gerrard didn't really look for it I tohugh, seemed he slipped and tried to get back up straight away, no?

Wouldnt have any arguments with overall result. But again ref saw Fabregas handled ball right underneath his nose. again absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

this arsenal team won't win no league this season

is there anyone worse than steven gerrard at taking corners in the league, horrible, lol at andy gray saying during one which didn't beat the first man "thats unlike him", yeah right andy :rolleyes:

someone said earlier reira > maxi

What yourself? Gerard made two of the most obvious dives I've ever seen and misjudged what the Arsenal players were going to do and made an arse of himself, yet the referee said and did nothing.

He "played" the ref as we so often hear Arsenal are bad at doing and just got a yellow card at the end. Well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

K-9 wrote: »
    Must be if you are agreeing.

Not the end of the world. City is a far bigger match.

Congrats Arsenal, just about the right result.

But with City winning last night it means they can afford to lose to ye Sunday week. And it means if they beat ye they're nearly out of sight.

I still say ye'll come fourth but denyig its a bad loss is a bit silly IMO.

• Advertisement

But again ref saw Fabregas handled ball right underneath his nose. again absolutely shocking.

Ah now, if he saw it he would have given it. It's not all a conspiracy theory against Pool.

You don't miss much do you :rolleyes:?

yeah we were ****e tonight but that was an absolutely shocking decision by ref at the end. What did he think Fabregas was doing. Asking for permission to go to the toilet. Unreal.

It wasn't even a free in the first place, what was Webb doing :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Tbf I don't think that was a Gerrard dive, bear in mind I only saw it once as my stream skipped a bit and saw no replay. But Gerrard didn't really look for it I tohugh, seemed he slipped and tried to get back up straight away, no?

That is what he did he slipped and tried to get back up. But that does not concern the other fans.

Dont get me wrong Arsenal deserved to win but the Ref was awful.

Yep, he got up straightaway, same as he did earlier because he misjudged where the Arsenal players were going and made a complete fool of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I tell you what, City are now equal on points with 2 games in hand. Big chance for them to open up a load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I don't think so. Diaby stepped in front of him cutting him off from the ball so he just went to ground, that's what I saw anyway, I didn't see a stumble and I didn't see anyone touch him to cause him to trip. I'll have a look again later when the highlights are on 101, but my first reaction (and my oul fellah's) was dive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Maxi is TERRIBLE! Jesus....

Hopefully Torres will be back for the city game.. ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The result doesn't surprise me one bit. It was obviously a handball at the end but sure we were pretty poor for most of the match.

Arsenal were there for the taking in first half. We sat back. But this is Thierry handball all over again. I mean what the **** is ref doing. Fabregas puts his hand straight up. No words can sum up just how awful that decision was.

• Advertisement

Have to disagree, was looking for both and certainly appealed.

You don't miss much do you :rolleyes:?

(1) Henry was playing for his country, not his club.
    (2) His club at the time wasn't even Arsenal, it was Barcelona.

I have no idea why you had to bring Henry into this.
    I don't think so. Diaby stepped in front of him cutting him off from the ball so he just went to ground, that's what I saw anyway, I didn't see a stumble and I didn't see anyone touch him to cause him to trip. I'll have a look again later when the highlights are on 101, but my first reaction (and my oul fellah's) was dive.

I'll have to see it again on MotD later to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

rossie1977 wrote: »
    this arsenal team won't win no league this season

Click pink on Betfair so :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Disappointed in a lot of the players tonight. Kuyt, Gerrard, Maxi, N'Gog and Degen when he came on were really poor. Skrtel was our best player IMO.

I'll have to see it again on MotD later to be sure.
    yeah everyone knows Henry doesnt play for Arsenal. so what. You can see the point Im trying to make here.

Arsenal were there for the taking in first half. We sat back. But this is Thierry handball all over again. I mean what the **** is ref doing. Fabregas puts his hand straight up. No words can sum up just how awful that decision was.

Liverpool were awful going forward, 8-2-0 formation

What was the ref doing giving a free in the first place.

Gerrard is a top player, no need for the other stuff from him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

desperation. its his theme this week

yeah everyone knows Henry doesnt play for Arsenal. so what. You can see the point Im trying to make here.

I love you Thierry.

The same point the rest of the people lacking a bit of sense are ? I suppose he " learned that at arsenal " :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

PHB wrote: »
    I tell you what, City are now equal on points with 2 games in hand. Big chance for them to open up a load.
    Man City V Liverpool on the 21st of February is gonna be huge! SKY can justifiably hype this one up.

so your saying jazzy that ref was totally right there. You are arguing the poster not the post.

so your saying jazzy that ref was totally right there. You are arguing the poster not the post.

Was the ref rght to give the free in the first place??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

some of the reactions on here are hilarious. we lost 1-0 away to Arsenal and on a different night could have taken some or all of the points. wasn't really expecting anything tonight so not too disappointed to be honest. the handball at the end was a joke, but ah well.

Can't say I see the point in bringing it up in an Arsenal -v- Liverpool match thread no.

Maybe if Fabregas had handled it to score comparisons could be drawn.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Was the ref rght to give the free in the first place??
    Don't change the subject. It was an absolutely blatant handball. And if it had happened in an Irish game there would have been an absolute outcry... oh wait there was :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Accept defeat, stupid bringing Henry into this totally totally different, and nothing to do with Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

the hand ball should have been given, but that has fuck all to do with henry, in any way, shape or form, whatsoever. At all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

oh god stop talking about Henrys handball, its embarrasing.

Don't change the subject. It was an absolutely blatant handball. And if it had happened in an Irish game there would have been an absolute outcry... oh wait there was :rolleyes:

Well the way decisions have gone against us against Liverpool in the past, I will take this and as I said and most Liverpool fans seem to be missing, it was not a free in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

flahavaj wrote: »
    But with City winning last night it means they can afford to lose to ye Sunday week. And it means if they beat ye they're nearly out of sight.

I still say ye'll come fourth but denyig its a bad loss is a bit silly IMO.

Nah, said it last week on the pool thread. I wanted to be 3 points behind them come the City game.

Wanted 4 points from the last 2 games, but City losing at the weekend took the pressure of us.

The pressure is all on City. It's theirs to feck up.

3 points is far better than 6, with a game in hand.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement