Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal -v- Liverpool, 19.45 SS2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

I am bringing in Henry because it was an equally blatant handball. Not making excuses for liverpool. We were awful tonight. But that decision at the end was an outrage. Refs seem to think they are immune now from making bad decisions. Happening way too often IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

You don't miss much do you :rolleyes:?

You obviously do. Henry is a Barcelona player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I am bringing in Henry because it was an equally blatant handball. Not making excuses for liverpool. We were awful tonight. But that decision at the end was an outrage. Refs seem to think they are immune now from making bad decisions. Happening way too often IMO.

Are you been serious here????

It wasn't a free in the first place :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I remember once Maradona handled the ball. Sorry we are just reminiscing about well-known handball incidents aren't we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Pighead wrote: »
    Man City V Liverpool on the 21st of February is gonna be huge! SKY can justifiably hype this one up.

Not on Sky unless they change it at this stage. Game is 3pm kick off moved to Sunday as Liverpool are playing on Thursday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I am bringing in Henry because it was an equally blatant handball.IMO.

Blatant handball - yes

Equally blatant as stopping the ball going out of play with your hand then taking a second touch to bring it back onto your good foot - no

OPENROAD wrote: »

Gerrard free was dodgy. And he didnt do himself any favour with some of his antics tonight. But that handball was so obvious it just has to be brought up. You telling me if it had happened with united or Chelsea there wouldnt have been the same outcry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yes years from now people will look back at the infamous Fabregas handball. I wonder how he's going to handle all those journalists at his home tomorrow wanting his reaction to the scandal. What will Blatter and Platini have to say? Can his reputation survive all this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

STOP SPAMMING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

you orignally brought in henry as he was an ex-arsenal player and you were trying to make some sh1tty comparison to score points because liverpool didnt get any tonight.
    f*cking pathetic bargain basement posting that doesnt need to be said or heard but alas, here we are.

my f**king kingdom to have redspider back

Gerrard free was dodgy. And he didnt do himself any favour with some of his antics tonight. But that handball was so obvious it just has to be brought up. You telling me if it had happened with united or Chelsea there wouldnt have been the same outcry?

Would you like to take a stronger line on Gerrards antics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mr Alan wrote: »
    oh god stop talking about Henrys handball, its embarrasing.

male-sailor-costume.jpg

You're not wrong but everything seems to embarrass you!

So its ok to push players to the ground?

It was given for Cesc pushing Kuyt to the floor.

And as said before Howard was awful

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I don't think there is much of an outcry, 1 person angry not equals an outcry.

We were poor, away to Arsenal, we left in a sloppy goal, that is the issue at hand, not the handball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I was wondering that myself, diving and handballing are on par for fouls in the game of football. Curious as to what his take on gerrards antics tonight are. I expect them to be very similar to his views on cesc's handball

Gerrard's diving has been highlighted to death on these boards. But are we not allowed to discuss this handball incident. Do two wrongs make a right?

Anyone live near the Spanish Embassy in Dublin, any Liverpool activity outside?

Gerrard's diving has been highlighted to death on these boards. But are we not allowed to discuss this handball incident. Do two wrongs make a right?

Sometimes 2 wrongs do make a right.

Come on I'm interested to know what you think, people quick to call Henry "a cheat"!

yeah we didnt talk about handballs at all ever ever on this forum. you are again correct. what a top post

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    Sometimes 2 wrongs do make a right.
    not tonight. Not tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

After the poll debacles(s) I thought you'd have had the sense to keep the head down, yet here you are making a show of yourself again. Awful awful few days from you bayview, possibly your most ever, which says a lot.

Comparing it to Henry is ludicrous though.

flahavaj wrote: »
    After the poll debacles(s) I thought you'd have had the sense to keep the head down, yet here you are making a show of yourself again. Awful awful few days from you bayview, possibly your most ever, which says a lot.
    Not at all. If anyone else had made such an outcry about the handball would it be such an outcry. Again its posters arguing the poster not the post. And was today so awful. One or two posters bringing up stuff from yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

But are we not allowed to discuss this handball incident.

What's there to discuss? It happened. It was a bad call. Nobody says it wasn't a handball. That's life. We'll all just have to move on.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »

fs flahavaj, please keep up to date with this weeks theme

Not at all. If anyone else had made such an outcry about the handball would it be such an outcry. Again its posters arguing the poster not the post. And was today so awful. One or two posters bringing up stuff from yesterday.

In this case its hard to decide which is more worthy of derision though, the poster or the posts. Seriously you're making a fool of yourself. Stop.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What's there to discuss? It happened. It was a bad call. Nobody says it wasn't a handball. That's life. We'll all just have to move on.
    have no problem moving on. But let no one say it wasnt a bad call. Which is what some posters clearly are. And Ive already said Gerrrard's antics were a bit off tonight. Arsenal deserved the points but that was down in part to are caution in first half. We should have taken the game to them more.

Jazzy wrote: »
    fs flahavaj, please keep up to date with this weeks theme

Is it my spelling?:(

Moving on...

Any word from Rafa post-match? Not his best choices tonight, not awful by any means just would love to know why bringing on Babel(Earlier) and Riera(at all) wasn't considered.

• Advertisement

And Ive already said Gerrrard's antics were a bit off tonight. .

Would you not like to take stronger view than "a bit off" ?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Well the way decisions have gone against us against Liverpool in the past, I will take this and as I said and most Liverpool fans seem to be missing, it was not a free in the first place

yes, it was. Fabregas pushed Kuyt and stuck his leg between his and tripped him.

have no problem moving on. But let no one say it wasnt a bad call. Which is what some posters clearly are.

I don't think anyone is saying it was a bad call.

It was an awful call, how the ref didn't see it I'll never know and it should have led to another free for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

why open, are you suggesting a send him to the gallows approach ? :P

Like I said its been discussed to death at this stage. But handball was just Fabregas taking the piss. Thats what annoys me the most. leave it at that.

copacetic wrote: »
    yes, it was. Fabregas pushed Kuyt and stuck his leg between his and tripped him.

No it wasn't

Like I said its been discussed to death at this stage. But handball was just Fabregas taking the piss. Thats what annoys me the most. leave it at that.

You seem happy to take a strong line on other players, just giving you an opportunity to take a similar line on Gerrard

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

No it wasn't

oh right, my mistake so.

You seem happy to take a strong line on other players, just giving you an opportunity to take a similar line on Gerrard
    Have already said Gerrard's antics were questionable tonight. No point discussing this any further.

Shhhhhh cant correct him stuck into thinking it was Gerrards fall were he got right back up that the free kick was awarded for.

• Advertisement

Have already said Gerrard's antics were questionable tonight. No point discussing this any further.

ah I see ;)

oh right, my mistake so.

Not to worry ;)

Frisbee wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is saying it was a bad call.

It was an awful call, how the ref didn't see it I'll never know and it should have led to another free for Liverpool.
    exactly. Ref awards another free and there is no problem.

exactly. Ref awards another free and there is no problem.

I'm in agreement with you on that.

But for the life of me I can't understand why you felt the need to bring Henry into it. That's my only problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

K-9 wrote: »
    Nah, said it last week on the pool thread. I wanted to be 3 points behind them come the City game.

Wanted 4 points from the last 2 games, but City losing at the weekend took the pressure of us.

The pressure is all on City. It's theirs to feck up.

3 points is far better than 6, with a game in hand.

PS. City have Stoke away before they play us. Not a gimme that they'll be 3 ahead either.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No it wasn't

:confused: the free was clearly for the challenge on Kuyt. It was taken from where Kuyt was fouled, not where Gerrard pansied himself around, which was a good 5 meters right and 2 or 3 back. very different spots.

:confused: the free was clearly for the challenge on Kuyt. It was taken from where Kuyt was fouled, not where Gerrard pansied himself around, which was a good 5 meters right and 2 or 3 back. very different spots.

have to see it again but from my point of view neither were.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm in agreement with you on that.

But for the life of me I can't understand why you felt the need to bring Henry into it. That's my only problem.
    because in the space of like three months we have had two very bad hand ball decisions that have gone totally un-noticed.
    Refereeing is very poor at moment. Last night City player totally obstructed a bolton player inside penalty area and again nothing happens.
    Seems to me decisions like these are happening way too often this season.

This is what I thought as well, I don't think it was given for Gerrard. Sure when Fab (stupidly) got involved and threw the ball back he was throwing it back to where the free on Kuyt was.

• Advertisement

because in the space of like three months we have had two very bad hand ball decisions that have gone totally un-noticed.
    Refereeing is very poor at moment. Last night City player totally obstructed a bolton player inside penalty area and again nothing happens.
    Seems to me decisions like these are happening way too often this season.

Sometimes you get them sometimes you don't, you have got plenty in key matches.

Advertisement