Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 as Voicemail

• 10-02-2010 2:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Wondering is it possible to use a mp3 file as your voicemail ?
    Without holding the phone to a speaker to record it. any other way so as not to get any background noise etc when setting it up.

Thanks.
    Ste-.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The majority of recent phones allow this.
    What kind of phone are you trying to do it with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

No phone I'm aware of has this feature. I'm aware of some that allow downloading of voicemails via the browser but saves as a .wav file.

afaik there is no such phone that allows a pre-recorded greeting to be set up. Can I ask why you require an mp3? I hope it's not a song you're using. Nothing more annoying than ringing a client/person and hearing some stupid crappy song playing followed by *beep*

*Off to r&r to create new rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The majority of recent phones allow this.
    What kind of phone are you trying to do it with?

Did you take it up as using mp3 as ringtone rather the voicemail message?

I dont know of phones that do this, but their was services you could buy to have celebs, funny massages etc as your voicemail. Even 3 had the option, that you leave a video message, so you can have a celebrity on the screen when you video call the person and their busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Classy

• Advertisement
Advertisement