Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaved head style for Men

• 10-02-2010 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

I'm thinking about shaving my hair like David Beckham below
    david_beckham+shaved+head.jpg

It does suit me but what I want to know is, is a shaved head style ever 'in' or 'out'?

This site called The Style Advisor http://menstyleadvisor.blogspot.com/2009/05/buzz-cut-aka-shaved-head-style.html said The Style Advisor is definitely going for the look this summer which would have been the Summer past. Whilst reading a hair style magazine a few years back it said a man should, at least once in his lifetime, get his head shaved.

So back to the question, is a shaved head style ever 'in' or 'out'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Green Gooner

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Barracudaincork

IMO

Anyone who follows what Beckham does isnt very cool.

Bald heads/shaved heads are extremely sexy on men and some women.

IMO

Anyone who follows what Beckham does isnt very cool.

Bald heads/shaved heads are extremely sexy on men and some women.
    I just used that picture of him as an example of what I wanted. For the record, his hair is longer now anyway :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 nomdeguerre

I don't see a huge amount of people with shaved heads at the moment, but if it suits your face etc I think it will look well. The cold weather might be a reason to think twice about it! How tight are you thinking of shaving it? I definitely haven't noticed many razor cuts (as in bald) recently.

Personally, I think David Beckham is one of the most stylish men in the public eye.

I don't see a huge amount of people with shaved heads at the moment, but if it suits your face etc I think it will look well. The cold weather might be a reason to think twice about it! How tight are you thinking of shaving it? I definitely haven't noticed many razor cuts (as in bald) recently.

Personally, I think David Beckham is one of the most stylish men in the public eye.
    Probably as tight as the picture in the original post. You're correct regarding the fact not many guys have a shaved head style at the mo. But you've got Freddie Ljungberg have sported the shaved look for years. So is the shaved look ever 'in' or 'out'?

pxfred.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Shaved heads are horrible in my opinion. A couple of inches of hair is far more flattering.

Magenta wrote: »
    Shaved heads are horrible in my opinion. A couple of inches of hair is far more flattering.
    Whatever floats your boat I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 nomdeguerre

So is the shaved look ever 'in' or 'out'?

I'd say it's a somewhat stable style - unlikely to come in and out of fashion as quickly as a lot of the other styles. Not at it's zenith at the moment but yet quite acceptable and not particularly dated looking. Just my opinion of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Shaved mine like this back last October and a few times since.... haven't cut it since the week before Christmas now - however thinking of doing it again.

It's ok - not much "managing" of the hair to do once done :)

Advertisement