Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seat Cordoba help

• 10-02-2010 4:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hello,

I am viewing my second car (i hope)tomorrow, a 00 Seat Cordoba. The mileage is 150k and its reasonably priced, i am happy to buy it.

I just wondered if any of you knew of any faults i should look out for or have any experience of these cars, any comments appreciated.

This is only my second car, i started with a 96 ford fiesta and i learned a bit from driving it, and keeping it up to scratch. But the new car will be totally new to me and my biggest worry is the timing belt, the fiesta had a chain.I also read here that they drink oil and i have to watch this ? Is that true ? All cars need regular oil, thats is surely not a problem is it ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭6r4mad

just dont buy it alot of better cars out there for the same value imao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 FizzyBubbly

Really ? Like what cars ? Why do you say that ? Do you just not like them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 FizzyBubbly

6r4mad wrote: »
    just dont buy it alot of better cars out there for the same value imao

Sorry about asking so many questions, im getting real stressed about getting a new car. have a mechanic to bring with me to do any checks.
    I have never heard much about these cars, but i saw one the other day and thats the car i want now, but i dont want to get caught out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

You seem as though you have a pile of sense and are asking all the right questions - which should serve ya well!!!

- I'm not so sure that the Cordoba is your safest bet after its soldiered through 10 years and 150,000 miles though?

Best option would be to take your time - Marry in haste, repent at leisure!!!

Just read up as much as you can; There's also a lot of Folk on here who really know their cars and could prob. post links to used car ads etc. with tips on what might be possible weak points to double-check....

Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

The car could be fine with 150k on it but for the sake of it take your time and try and source one with some sort of verifiable service history. There's no reason why it shouldn't have plenty of life left in it but there may be bills around the corner due to wear and tear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

what size engine is in it and what size engine was in your fiesta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭6r4mad

can i just ask what is your price range first...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

How much is the 00 cordoba and where you based ?

Advertisement