Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C some around Galway yesterday

• 10-02-2010 4:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭

Was just strolling around Galway, here's some I took. They're nothing special but just looking for general comments, what I could improve etc:
    4345370884_cf91c11fda_o.jpg

4345301282_cf6053b7f1.jpg

3. Reflection in a river
    4345241250_76d605de8f.jpg

4345293798_1d49570280.jpg

4345211352_d20a6ff3d1.jpg

4339548376_9863498628.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

I really like no. 4 and 5, they're lovely shots.
    I think the round edges for no. 5 are a nice touch, too.

The 3rd one confused me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

I really liked #3 the first time I looked at it. Then the lamppost started bothering me, and I think the composition could be a bit better, but I still like it and it's a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Some nice captures there, i want to get around galway myself soon (seeing as i have moved there !)

As for C&C,

1 - i like the idea, but i find that maybe if you showed a bit more of the water to the right, brought the pier back maybe to the center of the picture to maybe give it some sort of perspective (probably talking out of my rear end), but thats what i would do.

2 - i would have shot lower down and just used the statue as the headstones at the back are a bit distracting

3 - gret idea, like it

4 - another good idea, like it, maybe would have darkened it a bit

5 & 6 - really good, i like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

#1 - nice angle and viewpoint. This type of photos needs to be taken at the right time of day (granted you were just walking around...) Daylight/dusk would give this shot some extra love.. I might have cropped a little more from the bottom. The colours/contrast need a little boost too for that particular shot.

#2 - I would have used a slightly larger aperture.

#3 - It just looks like you've added an effect via photoshop. The usual in these "puddle" type shots is to show both the actual focal point object and the reflection.

#4 - I bet this looked a lot more attractive in real life than it turned out here? It's missing something, like an animal to add a little size perspective to the trees

#5 - next time yank that ugly cable off. It'd a photographers perogative to do stuff like that in the name of art...!

#6 - without the colourisation, that would be a fairly basic snapshot type photo. with it, its the same but gives me a headache. I wouldn't try & rescue photos by adding all kinds of filters. leave them in the "do no process" basket.

Not knowing really how long you've been taking photos - but at least you are getting out there and opening your eyes to different angles and trying stuff. I would say that all of these photos need a little more punch. simple levels adjustments and stuff like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

All very nice!

Out of curiosity, where are 4 & 5 taken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers Fenster- I'll be going.
    4- not actually in Galway city, big field along the N17, about a mile before Claregalway.
    5- street just off Dominch Street (where the pharmacy is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I have one gripe: Each photo has a different border style. It is kinda distracting.

Advertisement