Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raheny Winter League - Rd 5

• 10-02-2010 9:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭

On tonight, 3miles. Details here. I think Pat mentioned that there would be an extra €5 due tonight and they were doing a "closest to your pre-called time" deal-io. No watches, should be fun.

Note: I will try to finish this one too!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Can I put some masking tape over my watch so I cannot see it, not sure I can cope with the lack of my technology recording my times. :eek: :D

Now to have a think about potential times... legs are probably not in the greatest nick after 18miles yesterday...hmm... how speedy do I really feel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

18 yesterday - does that mean I have a chance?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Maybe, if you don't go home at half way round. ;)

This is likely to be my first non-PB Raheny race though, but think I may just pick the last time that I did their 3 miles in as my prediction anyway and see if I get lucky.

I clearly don't have a clue what I'm talking about as I knocked another 20 seconds off my previous 3 mile time. :D

Results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

fair play with the 5th place robin, some performance after 18 the day before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Is there a round 6 to this series or is that it? Are there other similar series in Dublin?

Is there a round 6 to this series or is that it? Are there other similar series in Dublin?

There's a Round 8! Round 6 on Wednesday, 23rd. It's the 2m where you have to call your time, a special prize on offer at a function afterwards (€5 premium)

Is there a website with all the information on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Should be on Raheny Shamrocks - try googling it

http://www.rahenyshamrock.com Yeah done that but looks like there is nothing there only a league from October....maybe I'm just missing it

• Advertisement

http://www.rahenyshamrock.com Yeah done that but looks like there is nothing there only a league from October....maybe I'm just missing it

it's on, I have the calendar at home - will update tomorrow with the remaining dates.

it's on, I have the calendar at home - will update tomorrow with the remaining dates.

Any luck finding this calendar??

Any luck finding this calendar??

Rd 6 -Wed 24th Feb - 2 miles
    Rd 7 - Wed 10th Mar - 3 miles
    Rd 8 - Wed 7th Apr - 1 mile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

christeb wrote: »
    Rd 6 -Wed 24th Feb - 2 miles
    Rd 7 - Wed 10th Mar - 3 miles
    Rd 8 - Wed 7th Apr - 1 mile

So how do you sign up for these? Or get any more info. on them?

So how do you sign up for these? Or get any more info. on them?

Show up on the night, next week is €10 as there's a special prize to call your time (no watches), others are €5. Clubhouse is right beside the Scout Den in Raheny, across the Rd from the Church. Actually there's a PM coming your way a w, Re: Colombia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

christeb wrote: »
    Show up on the night, next week is €10 as there's a special prize to call your time (no watches), others are €5. Clubhouse is right beside the Scout Den in Raheny, across the Rd from the Church. Actually there's a PM coming your way a w, Re: Colombia.

if they ban watches and Gramin i might actually do this one. :)

shels4ever wrote: »
    if they ban watches and Gramin i might actually do this one. :)

They will, but you'll need to be good, the local ringers can run like metronomes!

How is the event timed if you don't have your own time?

Sounds like a good test of pace...

How is the event timed if you don't have your own time?

The lads on the finish line will have your time. I think the trick is to call a 1 second PB and then run like the clappers, that's my theory anyway!

I might give this a go - could be an interesting experiment as I live by my Garmin!!! :)

• Advertisement

Just a reminder Rd 6 is tonight lads - see you there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

I won´t be able to make this one in the end. Have a good race folks.

:(

Going to have to miss this one now as I picked up an injury yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

Wont be there myself tonight, have to work. Have a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Should be there - going to run a slow as training more than anything. 8pm yea?

Did 11:43, 3 secs over my predicted time of 11:40, as 11:41 was the PB. Great night, 3 ppl were within 1 sec but no one hit the nail on the head!

Advertisement