Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking phone with O2

• 10-02-2010 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I used to have an IPhone but lost it, so I'm still on the IPhone tariff which I'm going to cancel at the end of this month. I'm looking at getting my phone unblocked from O2. The phone is a Nokia 2300 Classic. When I last rang O2 they gave me unlocking codes that didn't work.

Should I just try ring them again?

Do they have to unlock my phone if I ask?

What should I do to getting my phone unlocked from now on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

They should give you the code, I think it depends on how long is left on your contract and how much you spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

angel01 wrote: »
    They should give you the code, I think it depends on how long is left on your contract and how much you spend.

Hmmm, contract is up but haven't told them I'm thinking of changing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Peter B wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting my phone unblocked from O2. The phone is a Nokia 2300 Classic.

Is this actually the correct phone? Did you mean 2330? If you check under the battery, the model number is printed on the serial label.

If this is the 2300, you can unlock it free online yourself.
    If its a different phone, it will depend.
    Should I just try ring them again?

Yes, put depends if its the 2300 or not.

Do they have to unlock my phone if I ask?

Depends on different senarios. Billpay or PAYG, credit spent etc

What should I do to getting my phone unlocked from now on?

Bill phones, just ring o2 and ask for the NAC code. PAYG is €130 spend on credit, and then they give it to you.

Advertisement