Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EPL Team of the decade-forwards

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Heskey
    Reganio 2 wrote: »
    No DiCanio and Robbie Keane and Heskey. Crap poll. Shove your poll up your hole.
    look again. Robbie Keane up there as is Heskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

owen
    Rooney, so good he can play twice

Lol, you would've thought with all the stick he would've made sure to get this one right :p

I voted for Henry (as I said earlier can't see how anyone can justify not voting for him, complete shoe-in) and Van Nistelrooy. Despite the class of some of the names on that list I didn't find it as hard to pick 2 as I did for the centre-mid poll. Rooney and Drogba aren't far behind but I feel that Rooney's best years are to come and was not quite as dangerous and fearsome an opposition as Van Nistelrooy was in his prime. Drogba on his day is arguably better than anyone on the list, but for me didn't have the consistency (possibly due to injuries) or scoring record to beat RVN.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Henry
    would have been worse if I left him out altogether. Guys have me so paranoid at this stage. Yes Eskimo the gloves are off now. I'll be coming after you for this. When and where i can't say :D

You've spectacularly screwed up two polls and can't spell Vieira. Forgive me if I don't go running for the hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Drogba
    Its been a spectacularly bad couple of days for poor bayview.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Heskey
    would have been worse if I left him out altogether. Guys have me so paranoid at this stage. Yes Eskimo the gloves are off now. I'll be coming after you for this. When and where i can't say :D

you've f**ked it up twice now.
    heres a video to sum up this EPL Poll team thingy you have made on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

owen
    No DiCanio and Robbie Keane and Heskey. Crap poll. Shove your poll up your hole.
    I honestly can't see a reason to vote for any of them over the likes of rvn, Henry, shearer or bergkamp. Seriously, it just isn't close imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

look again. Robbie Keane up there as is Heskey.

My bad, meant to say their is Robbie Keane and Heskey on the poll but no Di Canio... and 2 Rooney's yet their is no room for DiCainio. Shennanagins... I am getting the broom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

owen
    shearer and henry.

And I'm a man utd fan :eek:

Heskey
    My bad, meant to say their is Robbie Keane and Heskey on the poll but no Di Canio... and 2 Rooney's yet their is no room for DiCainio. Shennanagins... I am getting the broom.
    Di Cannio didnt get enough love really to merit inclusion. And leaving Torres out was very hard. Call it penance for the Vieira ommission.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Heskey
    Call it penance for the Vieira ommission.

no, lets just call a spade a spade - the viera omission was retarded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

owen
    Drogba and Henry. Henry carried Arsenal and Drogba is nearest thing to a one-man team. Alarming that Chelsea are still pretty handy without him!

Rooney and RVN closely behind though....plus Robbie Keane is the second highest scoring striker of the decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Drogba
    Rooney and Keane for me. Irish and red;)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Henry
    Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Rooney and Keane for me. Irish and red;)

ah shur rooneys as good as irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

owen
    RVN and Henry obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

owen
    Went for Henry and Shearer and as soon as I submitted, I realised I didn't consider Ruud properly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Heskey
    Henry/Shearer/RVN. Any two from that would be my choice.I miss Ruud. :(

Gave some love to the others in the poll who didn't get any from the other voters too. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Heskey
    Henry and Bergkamp for me. Two of the best strikers to play in the PL bar none tbh. RVN was a great goalscorer, but he couldn't create chances out of nothing the way those two could. Shearer and Rooney form the rest of my top 5, but while they were great players, neither of those two had (or have in the case of Rooney) the "je ne sais quoi" of Henry or Bergkamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Heskey
    Went For RVN a greta goalscorer and isnt that what forwards are payed to do...and also Bergkamp what a fantastic player i adore the man!some skill and that newcastle goal years back WOW

owen
    i know Bergkamp was about more than goals, but he had a fairly poor goal return for Arsenal. Was looking at it yesterday and couldn't believe how poor it was. He had some decent returns in the 90's, but the 00's were nothing to write home about.

games - goals
    30 - 5
    39 - 14
    37 - 7
    34 - 5
    33 - 8
    28 - 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

owen
    Went with Drogba and Henry, I think the both of them up forward for any team would just be :eek:

owen
    for me, i think Drogba has only had 2 really really impressive seasons. His first two seasons were good, but I do remember chelsea fans wanting shot of him and his inconsistent performances. In 06/07 he was amazing, but the following two seasons, especially last season, weren't that special imo.

On his day he is fantastic, no question about that, but i think he has been good, as opposed to great, for much of his chelsea career.

Heskey
    surprising Rooneys low vote . Think I know why but less said the better at the moment ;)

Henry
    ha bergkamps middle name was maria

Heskey
    poll closed. Anyone bothered with Manager of decade poll or are we all happy enough to cut our losses at this stage

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Henry
    poll closed. Anyone bothered with Manager of decade poll or are we all happy enough to cut our losses at this stage
    Please god no.

• Advertisement

Henry

jus award to fergie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Jordonvito wrote: »
    jus award to fergie

nah Phil Brown imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Drogba

I'd be interested to see how many different ways you manage to balls it up anyway bayview.;)

Henry
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    nah Phil Brown imo

ah hes been quiet this season, compared to some of the madness he got up to last year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Jordonvito wrote: »
    ah hes been quiet this season, compared to some of the madness he got up to last year

• Advertisement

Heskey
    flahavaj wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see how many different ways you manage to balls it up anyway bayview.;)
    ill that as a no then girls. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

please do - its a quiet weekend

Advertisement