Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing a head unit & keeping the dash information display

• 10-02-2010 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Right so I just bought a 2007 scenic. When I first saw it, it appeared to have the crappiest of crappy CD players without even an LCD screen. Grand I thought, I'll just swop it out with this. I had a similar one in the old car, and I loved being able to use USB with it. And bluetooth would be awesome.

But then I got the car and it turns out that radio information display is actually part of the dashboard and it has full stereo controls on the steering wheel. So that's pretty cool and I'd like to keep these and replace the head unit with something that has USB. Bluetooth would be nice, but I can always get a normal speaker yoke.

I'm assuming that the LIDL one won't cut it, can anyone confirm? Anyone know if it is possible to buy an aftermarket head unit and keep the dash display and the steering controls?

Cheers

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement