Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to get hands free kit and ipod kit for car

• 10-02-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi i drive a 05 focus and i want to get a hands free kit and ipod cradle and connection for my car.
    i have spoken to in-car technology but it seems expensive.
    can anyone advise me on any other places in galway that do this and what are kind of money should it cost?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i got a parrot kit - MKi9200 in halfords

it's bluetooth for phone, and had an ipod connector as well as a usb port and an auxillary cable yoke.

those conenctors are tucked away in teh glove compartment so your ipod is not on view anywhere.

the controls are on the steering wheel

it was €300, installation included, which i know is pricey but ive had it for over a year and its been great, teh sound quality is brilliant

i dont know what other ones are available/how much they are

sorry, meant to say nearest halfords is castlebar or limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I tried to get the same in Halfords. They hacked my interior up good and proper. Got it installed by a professional instead after the car was fixed. The MKi-9200 is a great piece of kit. It lacks a cradle but you could pick up one up easily. It does everything else and the user interface is good

as regards quality, its a great kit

i had no problem with halfords, but maybe i was just lucky, i dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In-car is the only one I know of. Must be a few more around town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement