Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USF1 & Campos allowed to miss 3 races. FIA = Joke.

• 10-02-2010 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Apparently Jean Todt has said that USF1 (brought to you by Dr Pepper...what's the worst thing that could happen) and Campos will be allowed to miss the first 3 races of the year and not be penalised for it.

It's sickens me that we miss out on Lola and Prodrive in favour of these losers.

And if they don't make it to the grid at all, we get the pleasure of Stefan GP. Who?

Exactly..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Got a link? It it's true then FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

amacachi wrote: »
    Got a link? It it's true then FFS.

Yeah, sorry, meant to stick it in. I might have misread the Stefan GP part though.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5928115,00.html

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81359

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think half the problem with USF1 and Campos is that it's only a month to the first race and neither team have launched their cars or have even announced when they're launching their cars. Virgin are at the first test today in Jerez and Lotus have gave their car it's shakedown test ahead of it's launch on Friday, and first official test next week.

I don't even know if Campos and USF1 have gave their cars shakedown's yet. Not the best way to quieten the doubters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I dont like the title of this thread it implies that its the teams fault for the FIA to bring in this rule. The FIA has always had a zero tolerance as far as allowing teams to miss rounds of the championship, what has changed in their eyes to allow these startup teams the chance to miss races? Its not as if F1 is hard pressed for potential entries with Stefan GP and numerous others mentioned as potential replacements. Also dont be too quick to write Stefan off, they apparently have substantial backing from the Serbian Government so they could suprise people with hires if they get a spot on the grid.

Its also worth bearing in mind that both Campos and USF1, like Lotus and Virgin, came on board to F1 with the $40 million budget agreed-that was the defining reason for the CFD Virgin because they couldnt afford to spend the time in the wind tunnel. When the budget cap wasnt implemented these teams struggled to raise the neccessary capital to go racing. Manor sold the team to the Virgin enterprise and Lotus has the backing of Air Asia's Fernadaz-is it suprising that the other USF1 and Campos are considerably behind the other two when both of them are owned by two large companies whereas USF1 was set up initially without backing(later the youtube founder backed them.) Adrian Campos has admitted that his team is struggling to find investors.

But I wouldnt lay blame at the teams themselves, its the FIA's fault in my view for giving them an extension and for selecting them as the best candidates when Prodrive and Lola were available and noone can doubt that Prodrive would have been able to get a team on the grid and Lola would have been looking to erase the memory of their last attempt at F1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Point taken Frostie.

I've changed it

Looks like the FIA have changed their minds

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81382

• Advertisement
Advertisement