Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dormer Insulation?

• 10-02-2010 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi guys,
    We have a dormer bungalow, on one side of the first floor we have an access hatch to get behind the knee walls as all our water pipes run along the length of it. This has insulation down the roof slope and behind the knee wall plain gypsum plasterboards which is fine.

We had no access hatches on the other side of the first floor knee walls where all our bedrooms are. I wanted to run some cabling so I created one yesterday. I found that behind the knee walls on this side, the roof slope is insulated but behind the bedroom knee walls there is only foil backed plasterboard....is this right?

What is this foiled back stuff for and should there be insulation at the back of it like on the other side of the house even thought that side doesnt have any foil back?

any info gratefully recieved.

Advertisement