Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop up Market stall??

Options
  • 10-02-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I need to get a pop up instant market stall for all the right reasons, strong one to withstand irish wind?? anyone knows which is the best site to get it, I'm a bit skeptical of poptents.eu because I feel like they aren't telling you something on the website. galatents looks good bit pricey though. Does anyone know anything about these companies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Rawbina

I think its called a gazebo or something like that its the square metal stand and the covers to go on it, is that it? anyway my bud who does farmers market got his one in st lukes/wellington rd area, theres a tent shop I think it is that sells them.

Let me kno when you get one as I want to get one too sometime:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

just wondering how much does it cost to take a stall in a farmers market ?

I'm not exactly sure how much but I kno that you have to get a licence from the council for the year and I think its about 200 - 300 eu.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 BHeadie

Not a licence but you need insurance, and if you are working with food you need to register with the HSE. There are no laws about selling, only tax laws but thats another story.

thanks, my daughter would like to take a stall for the summer , but we didnt think it would be that much !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 BHeadie

BHeadie wrote: »
    Not a licence but you need insurance, and if you are working with food you need to register with the HSE. There are no laws about selling, only tax laws but thats another story.

At least I've never been told or confronted or anything about a licence

http://www.zapp.ie/ for your pop-up, is that it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

thanks, my daughter would like to take a stall for the summer , but we didnt think it would be that much !

To sell what? Surely you could make the license fee back...

she is intrested in doing a home baking stall. but prob in one of the smaller markets like douglas or crosshaven, she is still in school but is quite interested in exploring the catering career, so we thought this might be a taster for her. it would just be for a few weeks during the summer holidays. € 300 euro to pay out would take quite a lot of cakes to sell before she d start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

she is intrested in doing a home baking stall. but prob in one of the smaller markets like douglas or crosshaven, she is still in school but is quite interested in exploring the catering career, so we thought this might be a taster for her. it would just be for a few weeks during the summer holidays. € 300 euro to pay out would take quite a lot of cakes to sell before she d start.

True, but why not look for charity events where she can set up a stall and sell the cakes with the proceeds going to Haiti or whatever? A local sporting/religious/community event or whatever?

EDIT: For example, I was down in Dun Laoighaire pier recently and a lady was selling big cookies out of a basket for €2, with the money going to charity. I didn't see anyone arresting her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

You should take your daughter to a car boot sale to get a feel for selling, its usually €7 or €8 for the day and she will learn alot that first day, if she likes then you can start spending money on equipment and if you do buy a pop up cover make sure its a good one youll be glad of it on a windy day

You dont need a trade lisence for the majority of the markets, what you need is public liability insurance which is expensive, for car boot sales you do not need insurance

Advertisement