Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do regarding references from the job you are currently in

Options
  • 10-02-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently in a job that is offering relatively good experience but the company are screwing me financially to the point whereby I would probably be doing better on the dole as I am seriously struggling every month to just get by.

I am really looking for another job out there to actually change to or to at least threaten to leave to as a serious threat.

How does one go about applying for other jobs when they are already in a job with regards references and mentioning your current employer etc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭dubscribe

On your CV you would write Start date - currently working
    However, with regard to references, you could state on your CV, references available upon request.

Companies don't expend time checking out references unless they are going to offer you the position and at the time of the interview you could clearly say to them that you would prefer them not to contact your current employer unless they are going to offer you the position.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement