Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag weekend dilemma!!!

Options
  • 10-02-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

hi all, i'm trying to organise a stag weekend away, around end may/start june but i'm running out of ideas. Trying to keep costs below 200euro each for flights and accommodation. not too pushed on locations, anywhere will do but preferably out of ireland mainly because of the extortionate prices for food and drink,(mainly drink!), so it'll be just as cheap to go away rather than stay here if you know what i mean. Blackpool was on the cards, i had mine there and it was fantastic, but flight prices are crazy. one airline actually quoted me over 400euro for return flights to blackpool from dublin!!
    We were also considering the ferry to liverpool. has anyone ever used the ferry? how did you find it?

Any advice and opinions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

BDB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Newcastle!!

Was there last year for the buddies stag. Great atmosphere around the city and talent was unreal there. Make sure ye go in fancy dress on the sat night tho as we actually stood out in most pubs for not being in fancy dress - most of the girls outfits were spectacular ;)

We did it for €240 each and that included flights, Jurys and a days paint-balling on the Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

SeaFields wrote: »
    Newcastle!!

Was there last year for the buddies stag. Great atmosphere around the city and talent was unreal there. Make sure ye go in fancy dress on the sat night tho as we actually stood out in most pubs for not being in fancy dress - most of the girls outfits were spectacular ;)

We did it for €240 each and that included flights, Jurys and a days paint-balling on the Saturday afternoon.

Was that for 2 nights? yeah it was the same in blackpool, we were probably the only stag not in fancy dress, probably got more attention for it too. yeah i agree on the girls outfits :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Paris, Heineken Cup Final. You won't get flights direct to Paris, but will to most other places, and get the train to Paris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Was that for 2 nights? yeah it was the same in blackpool, we were probably the only stag not in fancy dress, probably got more attention for it too. yeah i agree on the girls outfits :D

Yeah, two nights. That was from Cork tho. I think it was with BMI but cant remember 100%.

Enjoy and be good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

We're headed to Newcastle for a stag,a couple of the lads have been there before and theysaid the same thing as one poster,dress up as Saturday nights are mad there,we got flights for €130 and hotel for €100,if we had of been 3 days earlier we would have go flights for €77 which is a pity.

Liverpool is always good for a stagand cheap enough,I've only ever got the ferry to Manchester but its a good excuse for a pissup

• Advertisement
Advertisement