Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Beone Mistral 2009 56cm + bits

• 10-02-2010 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

For Sale: Beone Mistral 56cm (2009 model)
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31037

Located in Cork City.
    • Aluminium Frame
    • Carbon Forks
    • Ritchey Handlebars/stem/seatpost
    • Shimano Tiagra double chainset
    • Shimano Tiagra shifters (9 speed)
    • Shimano Tiagra brakes
    • Cyclocross style inline brake levers added
    • Shimano M324 SPD/flat pedals (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5937)
    • SRAM cassette (11-28) to get up hils in Cork city :o Still have original Shimano 12-25 cassette
    • Very new Continental Gatorskins (700x23c) tyres
    • Weight as pictured in photo = 10.2kg
    Also: 104861.jpg

€450 ONO for the lot.

The bike is in very good condition, was always stored indoors and doesn't have too many miles on it. The reason for selling is that the geometry is a bit "racy" for commuting through the city which is what it ended up being used most for, and I plan to buy a more suitable bike under bike-to-work scheme. I think it would be great for someone starting into road cyling or triathlons or for a winter trainer. If you have long commute it could also be ideal.

If you want any further information please ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭sean_84

Pricedrop: €400

Any interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

Possibly interested, you're based in Cork, yeah? Would you be up in Dublin at any time soon for any reason?

Edit: Also, is the chainset compact or standard double?

Edit: Offer €300, subject to viewing, etc.

I'm in Cork. I may be in Dublin sometime in March but I'm not sure yet.

It's a standard double. I changed the cassette to a wider range, but I still have the original cassette.

I'm not willing to accept 300euro at the moment.

I'm definitely interested, but can't meet your price right now. Would you be willing to move from €400?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

What height are you ? I can't see a sizing chart for one of these.

• Advertisement

I'm about 5'9" with a relatively long inseam of about 33". For me the saddle would be about an inch higher than in the photo.

The sizing chart is the same as the 2010 Beone Mistral:
    http://www.beone-bikes.nl/EN/products/blizzard_geometry.php
    I'm just measured myself to check this, as it's a very different bike otherwise. The 56cm is from the middle of the bottom bracket, to the top of the seat tube (not the intersection of the top tube and the seat tube).

I'm definitely interested, but can't meet your price right now. Would you be willing to move from €400?

I'll consider different options. Do you need the mudguards and pannier-rack as well?

No, i'd just be looking for the bike. Would €330 help my cause?!

No, i'd just be looking for the bike. Would €330 help my cause?!

Any chance you're planning to visit Cork in the next few weeks? I'd like to get rid of it soon to make space, and I'm not exactly sure when I'll next be in Dublin. Do you think the size would fit you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'd be interested in the Race Blades if you were selling them off cheap.

Nice bike at a reasonable price.

• Advertisement

I might be able to get down soon, yeah.

I'm pretty sure the size is right, based on the charts on chainreactioncycles.com, but I haven't actually ridden a beone before. I'll check with a couple of things and see when I can get down to Cork next.

Right, I might be heading down sometime within the next fortnight, and I'd be happy to pick blorg up the mudguards. How much are you willing to pay for them, blorg?

So I'll accept 330euro for the bike, and maybe 20euro for the raceblades? I'm not sure if you know Blorg or not but if it is ok with him, it's better for me to give them to you to save postage costs.

If it's more convenient for you, I will be in Cahir in Co. Tipperary on Sunday. This is just off the M8, and should be less than 1.5 hours from the M50 with all the new motorways.

Deal! I'll pm you now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

would be intrested in this if deal falls through thanks

Deal agreed, is blorg still looking for the mudguards?

Deal agreed, is blorg still looking for the mudguards?
    Sorry, yes, I lost this thread, really appreciate your picking them up for me and €20 is fine presuming they are all together in good condition with the various extra bits.

I'll PM the seller to see if I can send him payment through bank transfer.

If you'd prefer, I can pay them direct, and either pick up the money before I head down, or cover you until I hand them over?

If you'd prefer, I can pay them direct, and either pick up the money before I head down, or cover you until I hand them over?
    If you are happy to do that I'd appreciate it. I can send you money by bank transfer either :)

I sent the seller a PM asking what he is happy to do.

Haha, I think the bank transfer for me won't be necessary! No worries though, if Sean's happier doing it that way, that's fine by me. Either way, I would be able to meet you in Sandyford next week, if that's where you're still working?

• Advertisement

madred006 wrote: »
    would be intrested in this if deal falls through thanks

On the off-chance that the deal with Dave doesn't work out (due to sizing or whatever), I'll let you know.

Haha, I think the bank transfer for me won't be necessary! No worries though, if Sean's happier doing it that way, that's fine by me. Either way, I would be able to meet you in Sandyford next week, if that's where you're still working?

I don't really mind, but I guess it's easier for you to sort out the mudguards with Blorg. I've sent a PM as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

thats great appreciate it

Yeah, it's all the one to me. I don't mind either way.

Either way, I would be able to meet you in Sandyford next week, if that's where you're still working?
    Yes, thank god... next week would be great. Appreciate it.

Not a problem, blorg! Right, Sean, I'll see you Saturday.

The deal is completed. Thanks Dave and Blorg

Thanks Sean, lovely bike.

Advertisement