Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigarette alternatives while drinking

Options
  • 10-02-2010 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm gave up smoking cigarettes for fitness reasons a few days ago.

But I decided before I gave up that I'd still smoke SOMETHING when I'm drinking, just not cigarettes. So I'm gonna be drunk tonight and I'm lost for ideas as to what I could actually smoke!

So far I have cigars on the list, so I'm gonna buy two of them. Are there any non tabacco cigarettes? I'm clueless and dumb.

Cheers, Arron :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Hey,

I'm gave up smoking cigarettes for fitness reasons a few days ago.

But I decided before I gave up that I'd still smoke SOMETHING when I'm drinking, just not cigarettes. So I'm gonna be drunk tonight and I'm lost for ideas as to what I could actually smoke!

So far I have cigars on the list, so I'm gonna buy two of them. Are there any non tabacco cigarettes? I'm clueless and dumb.

Cheers, Arron :D

Bring some lolipops. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

For fitness reasons? And you're going drinking?

ENOCOMPUTE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

HxGH wrote: »
    Bring some lolipops. :)

Ah that's a really good idea, thanks! I've found drinking water from a sports capped bottle constantly helps during the day too!
    testicle wrote: »
    For fitness reasons? And you're going drinking?

Yeahhh strangely enough drinking once every couple of weeks doesn't affect my fitness, I must be Superman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

No Prob :D

I think I'm going to get that plastic Nicorette inhaler! I just hope it isn't too expensive!

• Advertisement

Ater reading loads of posts here, I've decided I'm not going to have a cigar tonight.

I'm just going to quit, I'll tell yis how it goes tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Im on the same boat as yourself. The nicorette inhalers are good because you can still walk outside with your mates and have something to hold. A lot of it is habit and there is nicotine in the inhaler do even if you get very drunk you still have nicotine in your system which makes it a bit easier to say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Just quit. I mentioned in the thread I started about those inhalers. While they may help with breaking the addiction (I'm not convinced) they do reinforce the habit which is worse. But don't try a cigar - that's just as bad. Smoking is smoking. And that's advise from someone who loves a good cigar.

If lollipops aren't available get some gum. Not nicotine gum - ordinary gum. Mint does not go well with beer I'v found but Orbit do a lovely strawberry gum that will not interfere with your drinking :)

Sitec wrote: »
    Im on the same boat as yourself. The nicorette inhalers are good because you can still walk outside with your mates and have something to hold. A lot of it is habit and there is nicotine in the inhaler do even if you get very drunk you still have nicotine in your system which makes it a bit easier to say no.

I wouldn't go outside with people smoking, I'd give in! But I found the inhaler really helpful :D
    Macros42 wrote: »
    Just quit. I mentioned in the thread I started about those inhalers. While they may help with breaking the addiction (I'm not convinced) they do reinforce the habit which is worse. But don't try a cigar - that's just as bad. Smoking is smoking. And that's advise from someone who loves a good cigar.

If lollipops aren't available get some gum. Not nicotine gum - ordinary gum. Mint does not go well with beer I'v found but Orbit do a lovely strawberry gum that will not interfere with your drinking :)

Hey man, lollipops and gum taken on boards I'll be trying them soon! :D

Right... I had two pints yesterday so the drink smoking buzz didn't take effect. My GF and her mate went out for seven smokes, but I managed to stay rooted to my seat thanks to the match!

So today is day four, going good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/mi/miscellaneous-honeyrose-special-herbal-cigarettes.jpg

I tried a few of the above years ago of a friend,pretty sure they were sold in chemists.
    Although I think they may not be sold in Irish chemists(maybe available in some other shops??) anymore,because even though they are nicotine and tobacco free,there is is still tar-(I'm not certain though).
    They looked and were smoked in exactly the same way as real cigarettes,but they really didn't smell nice,but you would kind of just get used to it.
    Handy if you just enjoy the the whole process of smoking(lighting up,having one in hand,inhaling etc.),
    but probably best sticking to the chewing gum and lollipops due to tar content in these.

• Advertisement

Cheers Acorn! But I just don't want to smoke anything anymore. The Inhaler is great!

So today is day nine, it's been pretty easy to be honest. The third day was hell for a few hours. But now I don't even mind other people smoking around me, it's strange. I think the smell is disgusting, the way it sticks to your breath, fingers and clothes. Cigarettes are a rip off and I only enjoyed every second or third one I had in a day.

I want to be able to run again lung annoyance free! Soon, soon...

I suppose, I do get cravings the odd time. But they've been easy to overcome.
    Drinking water, eating something, playing X Box, talking about anything, trying to get a Solitaire high score, getting out for runs or kicking a ball all help.

Advertisement