Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Network offers

• 10-02-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

At the moment im with meteor.Can anyone tell me the benefits for switching to o2.

I see that vodafone offer 120 free credit,50e off a new phone if you top up by 20 for the next 6 months and like the rest free texts.

I want to switch to o2 but their transition offers seem fairly vague.All they seem to offer is the o2 treats which i dont really understand.

So can anyone point me in the right direction and tell me what deals o2 in particular or vodafone have if i port over to their network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Why do you want to switch to o2? Why are you leaving meteor?

The networks are all very similar, not much that separates them. o2 treats are discount vouchers for various companies and services. Eg money off pizza, petrol, zumo smoothies etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

ive just moved from meteor (Been with them since they started) to vodafone prepay. 120e credit for moving and vodafone seem a lot better for internet/roaming and international webtexts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Davy wrote: »
    Why do you want to switch to o2? Why are you leaving meteor?

The networks are all very similar, not much that separates them. o2 treats are discount vouchers for various companies and services. Eg money off pizza, petrol, zumo smoothies etc.

the main reason is that i text everyone except my dad,My dad has some offer where he can get 1c calls to 3 numbers,no strings attached.If i move back to o2,ill get free texts to every network and he can call me..The only problem is that they dont seem to have any good offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Fol20 wrote: »
    the main reason is that i text everyone except my dad,My dad has some offer where he can get 1c calls to 3 numbers,no strings attached.If i move back to o2,ill get free texts to every network and he can call me..The only problem is that they dont seem to have any good offers

You dont get free credit for moving back either unless you're buying an upgrade phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gaeilgeoir

I'm thinking of switching from Metoer to Vodafone cos I want a new phone & theirs are much cheaper. The vodafone price plans seem decent enough, particularly the free voicemail which I wanted to keep. The free credit offers are no good for me as it takes me months to use up credit. I like the international webtexts though, which are one up on Meteor.

I'd appreciate any advice for someone like me who rarely tops-up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MIDNITE39

ai am vodafone person for one reason only that i can ring and text any vodafone no nothing on bills i think the same work for the prepay side as well

the vodafone team are thick as too short planks
    if you go join the 02 team they are v very helpful team they know most think and can give u ans with in few min

02 are better team

087 have the free 087 to 087 talk and text for both side bill and perpay

085 team dont speak any english all the base are over seas it v hard to understands them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

MIDNITE39 wrote: »
    ai am vodafone person for one reason only that i can ring and text any vodafone no nothing on bills i think the same work for the prepay side as well

the vodafone team are thick as too short planks
    if you go join the 02 team they are v very helpful team they know most think and can give u ans with in few min

02 are better team

087 have the free 087 to 087 talk and text for both side bill and perpay

085 team dont speak any english all the base are over seas it v hard to understands them

o2 prepay are horrifically expensive for roaming and calling international numbers.

Its all swings and roundabouts, i text abroad a lot, so international webtexts for me save me much more than checking voicemail occasionaly. At the moment Vodafones webtexts are 600!

Also data roaming while using the vodafone live apn is the same as if you were home. Dead handy for the like of google maps etc.

Vodafone Passport as well seems a fairly good deal for a PAYG setup.

We'll see how i get on with my move to Vodafone, So far so good. Also their myvodafone website is very usefull and has all the features you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gaeilgeoir

Thanks Captain Morgan, unfortunately I can never avail of free call or text offers because I only buy about €10 credit every 4 months or so. I don't really use my phone too much for calls and I use webtext all the time.

I have a good deal with Meteor because I've been with them so long, now I want a new phone it looks like I'll have to move though. So Vodafone seem the best and they have free voicemail on advantage and Lifestyle plans.

I was also looking at 3 but they seem to have hardly any phones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Instead of me starting a new thread, I'll just post my question here.

I'm thinking of switching from O2 billpay to Vodafone billpay this evening. Mainly cos Vodafone have a better signal in my area with 3.5G.

When I switch will O2 charge me for doing so? My 12 contract is up with them by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Instead of me starting a new thread, I'll just post my question here.

I'm thinking of switching from O2 billpay to Vodafone billpay this evening. Mainly cos Vodafone have a better signal in my area with 3.5G.

When I switch will O2 charge me for doing so? My 12 contract is up with them by the way.

HI, hope you got your answer already but if not 02 wont charge you for moving once you're out of contract. You will receive a final bill with the charges for what you used this month thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They will tack on an extra month as a contract cancelling fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Bond-007 wrote: »
    They will tack on an extra month as a contract cancelling fee.

how can they do that if his contract is over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

For not giving 30 days notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    HI, hope you got your answer already but if not 02 wont charge you for moving once you're out of contract. You will receive a final bill with the charges for what you used this month thats all

Thanks. I'm just back from Carphone Warehouse and I got it sorted. The guy in there said I'll receive a final bill just like you said but it is o2 and as Bond-007 said, I wouldn't be surprised if they do add on an extra month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Back to the topic on hand which network is the best to switch to..wana switch asap

Advertisement