Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman - Sure how hard can it be

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ironmanwannabe

Some interesting responses. I do have to wonder if the vitriol expressed above is an honest assesment or an attempt to reinforce egos as to the nature of their own times and results.

Day 1 of training was a two and half km swim. I've not swam in yonks so it near killed me. Still you can't beat that red hot feeling across the top of the back for confirmation that work was done.

Also manged to fit in the guts of a hours run since that, again my running hasn't been happening for lord knows how long so to say that the legs felt heavy and dead would be an understatement. Very very very slow running, painfully slow but still an awful lot faster than 5:40 per km.(well a bit faster)

Got a lend of some gadgets from a friend. Coolest one was a power meter - a gadget called a PowerTap. Seeminly he has "gone wireless and doesn't need a wired one". I'm sure that statement makes sense. Not quite too sure how to use the thing, which is all a bit academic as the batteries are dead in it. Not sure which type it takes but I'm guessing its not AA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Good luck with this.

I can highly recommend the Austrian hospitals, very professional, cheap too. Sounds like they may be required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

i think this should be a hilarious read for the next few months. glad im signed up. make sure you update daily. and let us know where you are doing the training so we can come watch a master at work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Some interesting responses. I do have to wonder if the vitriol expressed above is an honest assesment or an attempt to reinforce egos as to the nature of their own times and results.
    :D This log is going to be fun!

Best of luck with the training (sincerely).

jb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I've been alterted to this thread and it appears to be a wind up. Reading through it, doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast anyway. So locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement